Used 2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Total Experience
By unix2me

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I fall into the "always wanted one" category. I finally succumbed to my desire in Sept 04. I only wish I had bought one long before. I opted for the 330 because i wanted the additonal power and creature comforts standard on the 330. The minute I test drove the car I was grinning from ear to ear as the smooth acceleration pushed me into the seat. Stylish, fast with great brakes. Expensive to maintain. Don't buy this model if your not a serious driving enthusiast. Save yourself a few bucks and opt for the 325. But for those of you who love to drive and have the $$$... then this is the car for you.

Smooth tranny. Powerful brakes. Sexy exterior styling. No nonsense purposeful interior. Cornering and oh the way the growling engine note turns my lady on!

CD changer should be standard. Sport seats should be standard.

Unreliable!
By Brian

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just spent over $3,000 for numerous problems: A/C - evaporator leaking ($2,400), Window regulator, $450 - my second window regulator replacement! Also, strange thumping sound from right undercarriage (arm bushings?) $500. The next day the service engine soon light comes on and the oil pressure warning. Ridiculous at 69k miles.

Flawless 4 yr 330xi
By EJKrew

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car has been trouble free and a blast to drive. No need to worry about the weather ahead of you with full time AWD! Oil changes and brake fluid replacement has been all that has been needed. Rock solid, no rattles or squeaks.

All wheel drive plus BMW 3 series powertrain.

Self dimming rear view mirror could respond to light a bit faster.

Its a blast !!!
By Double D

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2001 BMW 330i CPO car, which is the only way to go but typically will cost you a few more duckies. Great car, tremendous torque versus the 325i and the steptronic AT is perfect. No complaints except for a tall person, its a little tough getting in and out.

The engine and transmission.

Better seating

Used 2001 BMW 330 XI
By Laurie

2001 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this car used 2 years ago and our love affair with it has not ceased from the moment it first beautified our driveway. Fun to drive (I wanted a manual and am so pleased with the 5-speed manual on this car), great power, looks gorgeous, fantastic Harmon-Kardon stereo system (stuck in traffic? great!) and did I mention fun to drive? Also, no mechanical/reliability issues and the minor issues that have popped up were covered under BMW's used- car extended warranty.

Looks, handling, power, stops on a dime, performance, comfort, stereo system, automatic rear-view mirror dimmer, memory-position for driver's seat, safety.

Heated steering wheel is the only thing I can think of to improve this fine piece of German engineering.