Used 2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Designed for Windy Roads
By virakc

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

I find myself looking for an excuse to drive the car. Very smooth and responsive. I love driving out of state just to find cars to pass. I noticed a difference when I switched from 93 to 89 to save on gas; extracted better performance with the 93. I chose this car over a 02 mercedes S Class. Consumers: Buy a bra. Have extra money in your bank account (at least 25% of the price)

Very smooth, very responsive. Nimble and quick. The traction control got me out of snow and mud with ease. Love the sound at full open throttle

Windows and sunroof! it's a "luxury" car. I don't want to worry about the little things. Fix the turbulence noise when all the windows are open. No cruise.

Certified PreOwned Means Nothing
By BallJointsNsuch

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Bought it two years ago Certified Pre-Owned from a dealership in NY. They did 0 work to the vehicle to Certify it, except charge roughly $1000 for the warranty which covers jack squat. I have replaced window regulators, ball joints ($2000), Brakes and Rotors, Tires and a long list of other items. This car rides great but is completely unreliable. My radio and On Board Computer are currently malfunctioning but i've lost patience to go fix it. Go buy a Consumer reports magazine ....then go buy a Lexus. My Tacoma TRD has roughly the same mileage and 0 problems.

Steering Wheel Audio Controls, Heated Seats and 5-speed. When operating the vehicle handles better than any japanese car sold, but it never operates for long. Not worth the aggravation and thousands of dollars.

Engineer parts that don't break. I expect better reliability as a consumer. Wake up BMW, your cars and SUVs are CONSTANTLY breaking. I'll definitely stay with Toyota products from this point on. Thanks.

I love my 323i
By Jared

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Awesome car. I was a little aprehensive to enter into the European market but I was blown away by this car. Talk about fun to drive. She'll get up and go like nobody's buisness. She'll take a corner like she's on rails. Its truly amazing. Love it, live it.....BMW!!!!!

Suspension, Inline 6, Beautiful design inside and out.

lower price????

BMW Does Not Equal Quality
By BMW = Quality???

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

I'm a 32 year old financial planner. Owned a Honda and two Toyota's before deciding to buy THE car. I bought a used 2000 328i with 45k miles on it two years ago. It now has a little over 100k on it. It still runs great, feels great, looks great, it's a real joy to drive. BUT the maintenance costs on this car are crazy. Sensors, computers, brakes, thermostat. I've probably spent an additional $3,000 in the last 12 months on maintenance issues. I finally found a local shop that works on them rather than getting robbed at the dealership for every little thing. Fun car to drive, expensive to own.

Great ride! Very comfortable. Gas mileage is good. And it's still great to look at.

The long term reliability of this car is a real downer.

Great drive but bad bad quality
By Matthew Graham

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

I love driving this car and this is the second BMW that I have purchased new. The first was in the late 80s when I lived in Europe. I only kept that car for twelve months. It was an absolute mechanical nightmare. I said, I would never buy a BMW again but test driving it changed my mind within minutes, maybe before I put it in gear. They are by far the most comfortable and amazing car to drive but their reliability is just awful and they severely lack the quality and workmanship of their Japanese competitors. I now know I will never again purchase a BMW. It is definitely a younger person’s car and as I dive into my middle age, I need and deserve something more reliable and less hassle.

Just getting into my BWW with nowhere in particular to go and taking a drive around town, up the mountains or out of the city. It is a dream to drive and a driving experience that you will not get in any other car. That is of course when it is actually running.

Improve the quality and workmanship. It is such a shame that a car that is so awesome to drive with road holding like no other cannot have the quality that it deserves. It should be water resistant to the CA weather; this should not be too difficult. The windows mechanisms should last two years.