Used 2000 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 203 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By broken hearted

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

Love the car. This car has way too many repairs. Transmission problems 5000, windows 350 cooling system 1600 sensors 300+ cracked head 4000 and on and on. This car is so unreliable? The reviews are either great car or terrible car. What is their problem? They just can't make the car 100% ??

Happy owner
By Happy

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Convertible

I must say that the reliability is not as bad as some reviewers are saying. I bought my 2000 convertible in 2006 with 45000 miles. I now have 137000 miles and have only changed the oil regularly and just did the rear brake pads. I commute 100 miles a day for work and feel confidant this will get me there and home again in style. The car is fun to drive! Take care of it, and it should take care of you.

Styling, handling, good gas mileage around 28 combined.

Rear tires wear heavily on the inside. I hear this is normal for BMW.

I got the lemon
By Rich

2000 BMW 3 Series 323iT 4dr Wagon

I initially bought the 2000 BMW Sport Wagon used with just 20,000 miles. It ran great with no problems until it went past 60,000 miles. After 60,000 miles I've had frequent phantom problems with the check engine light (and yes, I've checked the fuel cap every time...it was fine). I've had plastic bits breaking in all 4 windows regulators (one of them twice) and the sunroof clips (I hardly use the sunroof too). I've had electrical problems with the air conditioner, anti-lock brakes/traction/stability control, rear view mirrors and door locks. But, that's not all. I've always taken it to the BMW Dealer for repairs and maintenance to make sure it was done right. I think I got the lemon!

Drives great when there are no problems. Love the driving dynamics and solid feel of the wagon.

Reliability. I may have gotten the lemon though.

Stay away from this model year
By Mark

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

First, I will say that this car is one that is fun to drive. And I have not driven a car that performs better (steering, engine performance). People have written about the high cost of fixing all of the little things that DO go wrong with this car. However, once the car has been returned to me I fall in love with the car again and again. My major problem with the car is that this car has serious reliability problems. I have experienced two problems that show up many times with other drivers of same vehicle. One problem is that this car has a weak subframe that has a tendency to CRACK (BMW fixed for free - see class action lawsuit). Also, see issues with transmission.

Drives like no other car. Love the exterior and interior quality.

Improve reliability.

Good Looking Lemon
By Kim

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

Had owned 2 previous BMWs. After the warranty expired, within a couple of years it cost me $12,000 in repairs. Had to replace transmission, control arm, and power steering. This all from someone who drives once a week with a max. of 5000 kms a year. Wished I would have read all the driver reviews before buying it almost brand new from a distant cousin. Low mileage, looks brand new inside and out but do not trust driving it on the highway. Give your money to a panhandler instead. Sits handsomely in the garage. Looking for a new car.

Appearance of exterior and interior.

Build a car with a return on value for the cost.