Used 2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Stay away from this model year
By Mark

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

First, I will say that this car is one that is fun to drive. And I have not driven a car that performs better (steering, engine performance). People have written about the high cost of fixing all of the little things that DO go wrong with this car. However, once the car has been returned to me I fall in love with the car again and again. My major problem with the car is that this car has serious reliability problems. I have experienced two problems that show up many times with other drivers of same vehicle. One problem is that this car has a weak subframe that has a tendency to CRACK (BMW fixed for free - see class action lawsuit). Also, see issues with transmission.

Drives like no other car. Love the exterior and interior quality.

Improve reliability.

Good Looking Lemon
By Kim

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Had owned 2 previous BMWs. After the warranty expired, within a couple of years it cost me $12,000 in repairs. Had to replace transmission, control arm, and power steering. This all from someone who drives once a week with a max. of 5000 kms a year. Wished I would have read all the driver reviews before buying it almost brand new from a distant cousin. Low mileage, looks brand new inside and out but do not trust driving it on the highway. Give your money to a panhandler instead. Sits handsomely in the garage. Looking for a new car.

Appearance of exterior and interior.

Build a car with a return on value for the cost.

Excellent Car
By AKP

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Over 140,000 and still drives great! I have been diligent about maintenance and have spent around 1000/yr after warranty expired. Biggest disappointment: Replaced transmission at 120,000 miles.($4500). The handling is excellent. A car wash makes it look new. Purchased a 2006 convertible and I prefer to drive the 2000 Beemer. The car has not left me stranded. It has had minor repairs every year. I expect to drive it another 100,000.

My favorite features is the handling, brakes, and style.

great car
By Mike

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

When you look at all around build quality, style, and joy in driving the 3 series is king. 15 gallons of gas got me 400 miles, not bad for a quick car!

Driving dynamics and the style (interior and exterior)

Fold down rear seats should be standard to improve versatility over its X3 and wagon counterparts. Most people would find the rare times they need to stuff junk in the trunk, fold down rear seats do the trick, no need for SUV!

Respect your Bimmer
By marcopolio

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 328i just over a year ago and it is my 3rd BMW. I am not a wealthy man, and I wouldn't spend over $13,000 on a used car that I didn't believe in. This sexy car demands love, respect and maintenance. Have it checked out before you buy it. Do regular oil changes and have it inspected on time and you will be fine. Do yourself a favor and learn to work on this car yourself.

Incredibly well built with the finest materials. Road and engine noise is very minimal - much quieter than my mom's brand new Camry. Traction control has saved me a few times. Cruise control works at any speed. Easy to hook up iPod to stock cd changer outlet. One touch Windows and sunroof!

Window clips and sunroof shade clips are plastic and break too often. Computer says fuel economy is better than it really is.