Used 2000 BMW 3 Series 328i Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Be smart, avoid the dealer.
By NeverGoingAmerican

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 5 years and if I can have things my way, I'll never buy anything BUT a BMW. It's a joy to drive, styling is sporty without being gaudy, and after a car wash, I could swear I was looking at a brand new Beemer. Maintenance costs are high after the warranty has run out. Be smart, and DON'T go to the dealer to fix every little thing. I recently had my brakes repaired (new rotors, pads and sensors) for $700, the dealer wanted $1900. Do yourself a favor and hunt around your city to find a reliable BMW certified mechanic. If you do this, long maintenance will be much more managable.

Styling. I swapped out the orange turn signals for clear housing and this car looks ever better. I love my aluminum trim with black leather. Tight steering, I feel like I'll never spin out. Stability is impressive, even in the desert at 135mph en route to Las Vegas. Nightime interior orange glow.

The stock speakers for this car are impressively weak. I've wanted to change them out for a long, long time. Do yourself a favor and upgrade to the Harmon-Kardon system. I recommend a manual transmisson on any BMW, but the clutch is tricky; the engage range is very small and the gears have long throws

Not a Long term Car
By S Alllen

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

Bought this vehicle for travel. It looks great, but wow, for a high rated vehicle, i wouldn't buy another BMW. The windows fall into the doors (BMW dealer says thats normal) and cost to fix $$$$. Heater doesn't work well, air doesn't work well. The heated seats they work. Wouldn't recommend a used BMW or keep one past 3 years. Not worth the extra money!

Heated seats.

Improve the quality of the windows, shouldn't be an acceptable problem!

7 years and counting
By Bryncerdd

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car on the basis of promised road-handling and prior experience with an earlier BMW. Some minor issues which should not have occurred (malfunctioning sun roof, malfunctioning ignition switch) have been the only problems. The car handles delightfully, has a shorter turning radius than any four-door car I have encountered, looks good inside and out. This is not an economy car, and may be overrated by some enthusiasts, but it is still a safe and enjoyable means of transportation. I could, and do, recommend it to any potential purchaser.

Exterior paint, steering, engine.

Improve reliability of electrical systems, find brake pads that produce less dust.

Long term keepsake.
By Julio M.

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

It is expensive to maintain after the honeymoon (warranty), i.e. inspection #1, #2 and #3 and tires, oil change. Some dealers use the "access by dealer only" to sell unneeded part, plus outrageous hourly fees. I bought mine new but I would recommend to someone with a good income after 100,000 miles. Very reliable, powerful and fast on the Autobahn. Stateside a Mustang in a barn.

Manual trans, power on demand. Handling. Gas mileage w/o A/C, 34 MPG. Reliability. Color: Titanium Silver.

Should have the dealer balance and align tires before ownership. Front passenger side area should be a bit wider for big people.

Can't go wrong with a BMW
By lovemybmw

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

This is my third BMW and my favorite yet, before this car I had a 1999 M3 coupe. I was a little worried about losing power but the 2.8 makes plenty of power and really gets up and scoots. The handling of this car feels just as good as my M3, the ride is firm but comfortable, and the manual trans shifts smooth and precise.

Looks, power, fuel efficient for a luxury car,

Could use a little more space, however bmw fixed that in 06 with the new body style.