Used 2000 BMW 3 Series 328i Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Fun with Opportunities to Repair
By briodo

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

This is my first BMW, bought used at 80k miles, now has 134K miles and it's falling apart.
While the car is a blast to drive, it has cost me more over the last 2 years than the car is worth.
And it now needs the CVC valve replaced, quoted at $900, far from the amount in the reliability section.
If the car starts honking, you know this valve is gone.

C'est la vie; fast cars, pretty women, and good wine.
It somehow will not be as much fun in a Toyota.
Just cheaper.

hitting the gas at 75 on the interstate and finding out you can get to 110 really fast.

Less plastic parts to become brittle and break.

Broke My Wallet
By Broke My Wallet

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

A maintenance nightmare. I have spent thousands fixing this car, one thing after another. I now have it working great and intend to sell it before something else goes wrong. However, it handles great on the road and is a very cool car. The looks sold me, but I should have looked beyond the outside appearance. Now I am paying for it. I should have known that BMW stands for Broke My Wallet

Styling, handling on curvy mountain roads-no need to slow down on curves

Fix the mechanical. The coolness is not worth the high cost of maintaining. I will never buy another BMW.

Respect your Bimmer
By marcopolio

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 328i just over a year ago and it is my 3rd BMW. I am not a wealthy man, and I wouldn't spend over $13,000 on a used car that I didn't believe in. This sexy car demands love, respect and maintenance. Have it checked out before you buy it. Do regular oil changes and have it inspected on time and you will be fine. Do yourself a favor and learn to work on this car yourself.

Incredibly well built with the finest materials. Road and engine noise is very minimal - much quieter than my mom's brand new Camry. Traction control has saved me a few times. Cruise control works at any speed. Easy to hook up iPod to stock cd changer outlet. One touch Windows and sunroof!

Window clips and sunroof shade clips are plastic and break too often. Computer says fuel economy is better than it really is.

HEADACHE!
By Frustrated Driver

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for about 5 years now. It stinks! Since we bought it (used) we have had so many electrical problems and there is constantly something breaking or squeaking. It is a nice looking car, but I will never purchase another BMW. It empties your wallet to fix!

Exterior is great. The design is beautiful.

Make it more dependable and less expensive to maintain.

Problems Galore
By Buyer Beware

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I bought my 328i used and thought that I should be able to get 200k out of it. I have had more than $6000 in repairs in two years and I am finding out that there are several problems with a lot of these cars, power steering pump replaced at 90k with OEM and the new one broke at 125k, window regulators have been replaced at least one each, A/C modules replaced, cracked head at 119k due to overheating problem with these cars, no warnings at all, break pads every 20k, replaced water pump, etc etc etc. I would not recommend this year to anyone.

steptronic transmission