Used 1999 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

1999 BMW 323I
By John doe

1999 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible

This car is the best car I have ever owned in reliability, fun to drive, and utility. It has only been in the shop a few times for routine maintenance and performs nicely to this day.

Silver color, stick transmission, fun to drive.

A bit more horsepower but the new ones have that now.

The Ultimate TRASHY Screaming Machine
By RS

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

I always had very good impression of BMWs, but everything changed since I actually bought one. On an unfortunate day I bought a used 99 BMW 323i with 70K miles, got it inspected by a BMW dealer who said "This car is really good, buy it". Then it started costing me almost $1000/- every month on some trashy problems keep on occurring. Worst part is it has no warranty on it. It started running sluggish, CHECK ENGINE light keep coming and dealer has been fixing some thing or other every time it comes on and still it comes almost every 2 weeks with a new problem. Now I'm going to trade it in that for a much more reliable car.

Just BMW name.

Long term quality and reliability MUST be improved. Anyway I am not going buy another BMW in my life. And I will tell the same thing to anyone who asks about a BMW.

Smooooooth
By bmr girl

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 2dr Convertible

Fun and easy. This is the most fun I've ever had outside. I'll have to move south to get more months of enjoyment. Just enough power.

Great simplistic timeless styling

Auto dimming rearview mirror and glass rear window

'99 BMW - Great Car In Indy
By SEIndyBMW

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

I purchased my used '99 BMW 323i (32,000 miles)in Indianapolis, Indiana in the Spring of 2005. Very sharp looking car - titanium gray / black leather interior. Excellent handling and performance. This entry-level sports car hugs the road and drives fantastic. No major issues ...

The whole "BMW Experience" - it looks great and drives better! Really nice car for a first time BMW owner. Will probably purchase another one down the road...

Ceramic Brakes - Brake dust is common on these organic disc brakes. However, why pay $1200 at the dealer. Pads can be purchased for less than $200.00; and, are easy to change out yourself.

The Ultimate Driving Machine!
By Jeff Taylor

1999 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible

I get so many coments about my dark green '99 328ic convertible. "Nice car!" It gets a personal hand detail about twice a month. A four hour labor of love. Many ask: How do you like your BMW? The best way for me to sum it up is to honestly say: I could win the lottery Saturday night, and that would change a lot of things about my life. However, I would NOT change my car. Perhaps buy others, but this BMW is a keeper.

A joy to drive. Looks fabulous.

So few and so minor that it would be pointless to mention them.