Used 1998 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Awesome
By cj

1998 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car to drive to and from work but I drive it all the time! Gas mileage is the best, getting 34 MPG and this car is 10 years old!

Gas mileage.

Wish the seats went back further.

1998 BMW 3 Series
By THE "G"

1998 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

Bought my Black 328i in 2000. 2nd owner it was a lease vehicle. I have been a naughty owner and have only changed the oil, rotors, brake pads, brake sensors & tires for the most part. I put TVs in the head rests, Chrome 18" rims w/z-rate tires and a kicking stereo system in addition to the HK system that included a tv in the radio as well. I've driven this car through out Germany, Belgium, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, and from coast to coast (in the US. The tint came in handy) plenty of times and never has it stranded me. I had a problem with the acceleration in auto and would have to drop down to manual but it still never starnded me and continued to out perform other vehicles.

The high rate of speed that it is able to handle for long periods of time. The Steptronic feature is a life saver in my case.

BMW, I think needs to make these cars more owner maint friendly. They need more leg room and truck space.

This Is A Real Car
By Japanese to German

1998 BMW 3 Series 323is 2dr Coupe

Whenever I think of a car for the rest of my life, it will be a BMW. I've had this car for one month and the ride is unbelievable. The tranny shifts so freaking smooth you'll think it's an autostick. Mine has 72,000 miles right now, and I swear it drives like brand new. It takes windy roads like it's on tracks, and I've already hit triple digits on the highway twice without noticing unitl I looked down at my speedometer! I think that shows that I've really been driving the heck out of this thing, and I'm still averaging around 25 miles to the gallon; over 30 when I'm on flat highway. I think Hondas and Toyotas and Nissans are great cars, but after a BMW, I'll never be able to drive one again.

Awesome HK sound system, great handling, amazing braking, and good gas mileage for a six-cylinder. This car had rekindled my love of the road that my reliable but boring Toyota drained.

Well, the cupholders are bad, for sure. But I don't have time for drinks in my 5-speed anyway. I'm always shifting and cutting through traffic. This car couldn't be any more fun. Think about that: the only thing I MIGHT change is the cupholder. What an awesome car!

Always wanted one
By hueston69

1998 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

Always wanted a 5 series wagon, but when this came available I couldn't help myself. Other than being very slow off the line this is the best driving vehicle I have ever owned. This car is so smooth at highway speeds (and faster!!), that I can't wait to take long road trips. Have only had it for a few months, so can't say much about reliability other than I am not afraid to drive this car long distances.

Harmon Kardon stereo.

Wish I had an armrest, only thing wrong with this vehicle.

Fun
By nate

1998 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

The best thing about this car is that it is fun... cornering is exceptional, handling very predictable. Truly enjoyable... california sunroof rare and makes the car even more unique.

California sunroof, 5 speed transmission, sport package, hatchback.

None