Skip to main content

Used 3 Series for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons
4.5 out of 5 stars

I was in shock up until writing this Review

merc272, 02/05/2012
1997 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

The one word that pops to mind when i think of this car is "timeless". Its like a well maintained Italian suit, aged with beauty, but always stylish. The throttle response is a little iffy because the pedal seems to have a lengthy discussion with the engine and drive train before kicking me back in the seat. (that's what you get when you let the french design a transmission) never the less I'm never afraid to push it just a little bit more, and hit a blistering speed of 115mph on the highway before backing off the throttle. I was floored, grinning ear to ear like a little kid who had just gotten his first 22. rifle for Christmas. This is truly what a proper sports car should be.

4.25 out of 5 stars

Hidden Costs Of BMW Ownership

ACF, 03/23/2009
1997 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

Look, the BMW 3 series is as about a pleasurable ride in a daily driver you can possibly get. Great road feel, great acceleration, great looks, & in the MT a superior shifting experience. However, be prepared to pay high maintenance costs, especially beyond 75k miles. I bought my '97 with 49k miles. It now has 99k, & I have put out around $7k in maintenance since. Clutch is $900, alternator is $450, ball joints are $500, water pump $400, tires (sport) $700 & brakes $300 done every other year. It has some quirky things too. LED displays (radio & odm) go dim/out, radiator necks break, coolant lever sensors go bad, paint chips/rusts way to easy. All in all a great ride, but you're gonna pay.

1997 Arctic Silver 328is

urban328is, 04/25/2004
1997 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

This is my first car, my father bought it for me for $10k. It is Arctic Silver, fully loaded with sports package, 6 disc changer, leather, etc. It does have 132000 miles on it but they are mostly highway miles and this car still drives like it is fresh off the lot. I would highly recommend the 3-series, we have two on the driveway and couildnt be happier with them.

5 out of 5 stars

A lot of car for the money

fritz, 11/09/2009
1997 BMW 3 Series 318is 2dr Coupe

I own a 1997 BMW 318iS, it's almost identical to an M3 other than the engine which is the reliable M44 4 cyl. A solid car that is nimble and gets 38mpg highway, 24mpg in town, an average of about 30-32mpg. The S version has a lower M3 like sport suspension, wider stance, and mine was ordered with M3 rims which perfectly suit the car without being gawdy. Regular maintenance will give you a reliable smooth ride. Torquey engine redlines quickly with moderate gas but shifter seems longwinded compared to a 1980's Manual. Nice interior, mine has heated seats that warm up quickly in two modes. Multiple cabin vents. May be small for a larger person. I'm 6' tall and fit nicely. Very fun to drive.

Best car I ever owned.

James 328is, 06/16/2002
1997 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

There is not one bad thing I can say about this car except that oil changes are a bit pricy. Bmw seriously rock. This is literally the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned many. Nothing compares to the quality and reliability and comfort of bmw.

12345...6