Used 1995 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

This is the worse car I have ever owned
By mimi

1995 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

Bought this coming off of lease and have spend major $$$ from day one. Everything from steering to air conditioning problems. I have needed new brake pads almost annually and there is a strange loud noise while driving. Most of my problems started on day one but got continually worse as 100K miles.

The drive

Maybe I got a lemon but there are too many improvements to mention in this short of space.

Truly is the Ultimate Driving Machine
By David N

1995 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1999 with 95,000 miles on it. From commuting back and forth from school I have racked up 240,000 miles on the car. Since then the only real problems I have ever had with it was thermostat, rear shocks (from lowering the car), left rear wheel bearing, and the fuel pump. These are basically all wear and tear parts. I owned a 1985 BMW 325e and it had over 250,000 miles on it. I got into a wreck with it and the officers pulled the badges off the car, gave it to me and said,"This car saved your life. If you were in any other car you would have been seriously hurt or dead." I upgraded BMWs to the 1995 so far this car has served me well. 240k with no eng/trans problems.

The styling of the car is what instantly strikes you. It is 2005 now and I still get compliments on how the car looks. The styling is absolutely timeless. The car handles like a dream, has power on demand, many different upgrades for different tastes, and has a bullet-proof engine.

Everything on this car is easy accessible. When I changed my fuel pump all I had to do was remove the seat, screw the old one out, and screw the new one back in. Whereas my cousin had to take off his fuel tank, cut a hole in it, and replace it from the inside. 350 dollars... BMW I would change nada.

Just a great ride!
By Zachary

1995 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car from a friend and used it as my runner car. I find myself driving it more than my other car. It has a feel of quality and ride that just makes it fun to drive again. I haven't had any problems to speak of except I broke the windshield wiper. It was may fault. Great car for the price.

The feel of the road when hitting the off ramps and the back roads.

I broke the remote door opener and for a 10 year old car, I thought the replacement wouldn't be that much. Come on BMW, it is just a remote!

318's are very reliable
By Rico C

1995 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

95 318i sport package. I was lucky. I was owner #2 and the first owner by coincidence lived in the same city as me and took excellent care of the car. I bought it from a used car dealer with 78,000+ mi in 02/2003. I now have about 117000 mi on it and have had 0 problems. I replaced the original alternator, batt. and belts at 100K mi, but everything else (brakes, timing chain, etc. are still in good condition after 10 years). Replaced the belts myself actually. I found a remarkable performance boost after switching to Castrol Syntec 15W-50--instead of Mobil 1. I love this car and when/if I get another car it will be a 3-series.

Leather seats--I just hate static shocks I get from cloth/velour. The car is inexpensive but high quality! Has both CD Changer & cassette so I can practice my voice tapes. Like the sound of the door closing--built very solid. Like the short shifter. Cornering is so boss!

What's up with the tail light bulbs in German cars always acting funky? Burning out, dimming? Brake dust on wheels--my front wheels get about 1-2 days of clean before they are black again. The shop manuals (Bentley) are not as comprehensive as Honda shop manuals. Repair costs are not too bad.

sweet ride
By zip

1995 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

This car met all my expectations. It's fun to drive (except in rain and snow - it sucks), has enough power and great mileage. I get comments on it all the time. The manual is a must for this little car. Its very spacious for a hatchback, and it handles great, especially at high speeds. The interior is a little cheap, a few cosmetic issues but who cares, its all about the driving.

tight handling, head turning styling, great mileage ~31-33 mpg. parts are expensive, but not too bad compared to Japanese cars, and just as reliable. everyone who has owned one of these loves it.

BRING THEM BACK. If they were convertible too...Maybe a little more power, a better interior, its throbbing loud for such a small engine. And its very torquey in first gear. Better sound system. Handles bad in rain or snow. But considering the low price tag these have, its more than worth getting.