Used 1994 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great all-arounder
By bimmerboy147

1994 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

I got this car as a project with 219,000 miles a few months ago. I had to do a few things to it to get it back up to par mechanically, but with such high mileage, I was expecting that. It runs like a brand new car. The engine and transmission are still smooth, strong, and responsive. I wanted a manual transmission, but this automatic has proven itself a very worthy substitute. It is always in the right gear at the right time. It has a manual mode, but it is so well calibrated that I never need it. I am a college student with a 4 1/2 hour drive to school. I almost always drive non-stop and I never get out of the car sore. As comfortable as it is, it also handles like a true sports car

Bulletproof inline 6, rear wheel drive, nearly perfect automatic, front legroom, separate temp controls for dash and floor/defrost vents, unrivaled steering feel, fuel economy, addictive exhaust note, resale value, classy styling still looks great

better adhesives on interior coverings, more low-end torque

Like I would like it.
By Chanman

1994 BMW 3 Series 325is 2dr Coupe

My '94 325is handles like a true sports car, gives a decent 24-29 MPG and the manual tranny is pure joy to zip around in. Rather small interior, but that is coupe. Handles poorly in snow but I havn't bothered to put winter tires on it. Feels like I could race any car on the street, pull away in acceleration, and take corners with ease. A little sway on turns, it is stock and have no sway bars. Looks like a classic. Drives like a smooth driving machine, just as BMW says. Very satisfied. Would probably go 4dr next time, but love the coupe look.

2nd gear.

Cupholders. But where would they even put them... tight dash and panel.

My first BMW
By Gsp1885

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

When I first got this car, I hated it because it was a manual and I had a hard time learning. However, once I learned it I loved it, and I became a car enthusiast. I also now love bmw, although it has given me some problems.

The central console of the windows. Auto up/down window feature. Dual climate control.

The dual climate control knobs do not have lighting so you can't really see what temperature you set it at in the dark.

Best Bet
By neuhoff

1994 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

This car has 150k miles, it's automatic and I get 30 mpg hwy. Everything still works, it's fast, reliable and great looking but most of all, the handling of this car exceeds everything I've ever driven. I will never own another make of automobile than BMW. New or used, BMW is your best bet for economy, resale, reliability and pleasure.

The motor is a work of art. The styling great, but the handling is truly ultimate. Electrical connectors are stout.

Improve moulding trim fasteners, tighten interior panels.

Ultimate Tanning Machine!
By Car Nutz

1994 BMW 3 Series 325i 2dr Convertible

I bought my 1994 325iC with 230k miles on the odometer. I cannot believe that this car still accelerates with authority and rev to the redline, but it DOES! It does have a couple of electrical issues that my mechanic says are related to the ECU, warning lights illuminate though no real problems exist. I put Bilstein shocks and M3 control arms and a cold air intake. The handling and sound is phenomenal! Agressive handling and sound! It makes my Mercedes seem like an old man's car.

Engine longevity, handling is great for a convertible, sport seats and rollover protection.

Delamination of the door panels tends to be a problem due to moisture entering in the cabin during rain season.