Used 2015 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series Gran Turismo model:

Buy Certified Used, without Regrets!!!
By KreneRoss

2015 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo 328i xDrive SULEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I hear SO many complaints on here about the price of this car for what you get. We have four kids with only one left in a forward facing seat. I coach lacrosse and need trunk space, LOTS of it. But, I was so tired of the MOM car. Tired of feeling like I have to drive around such a huge vehicle all the time. I have had my Armada for 10 years and love it. We will keep it, but my first car ever was a BMW and I love the sporty drive of them. I missed that. However, I wanted space and safety going from a big SUV. People miss that BMWs are the ONLY cars that offer front and rear roll over bars and all the air bags they have! For my family that is huge! The complaints of spending $58k on this we don’t have. We made the new buy mistake on the Armada and that initial depreciation is HUGE! So we bought certified used and ours is loaded/luxury with almost every option out the door with GREAT miles for $28500. Still have two years unlimited miles of the original warranty and because it’s a SULEV we have 15 years 150,000 miles on all emissions related items here in California. My husband is 6’4” and fits fantastic in this car! It is, in fact, the first car he has ever felt comfortable sitting in, and can even sit comfortably in the back WITH the seat at the position he needs it to drive! It offers that much room! We can sit two kids and a booster in back comfortably, and another sits up front. They are 12, 11, 10, and 4 and fit fine. My husband has comfortably had four grown Marines in this many days out to lunch! It’s a phenomenal car with lots of spunk. Easy to drive. Corners are best to accelerate through like all bimmers! Some may take them too slow and miss the agility. It hugs the ground fine for me coming from an Armada. We also bought an X1 silver with a blacked out Sport package and red interior. It looks amazing and love it! They ride completely different, offer is the same abilities, same huge sunroofs, lots of cargo, one is a tighter steering and I like that. This car is a bit looser for a BMW drive, but it’s great! We get amazing gas mileage in it. There is some hard plastic down low on the dash. I love our black and dark tan interior and Alpine white exterior! Our car is beautiful and we get asked about it everywhere we go. The cargo is abundant, and we can drive two cars and get better mileage than my armada when parking is plenty, or we can all load up in the Armada! Buy used, or lease, I can’t understand the complaints on this car. Buy a BMW for the sportier drive. It is a drivers car! If you want lush and plush and super luxurious vehicles go somewhere else. BMWs are exactly what they always have been; a vehicle made to feel the road for those seeking that! I certainly don’t understand the gripes on visibility either.

It's the car I'd design
By BMW Bill

2015 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo 328i xDrive 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I wanted a car that handled well, rode well, accelerated well, was comfortable for four adults, with plenty of cargo room. Repeat, a car, not an SUV. I researched for two years, was drawn to the 328GT as soon as I saw it, and kept coming back to it. I've now owned mine for over two years and have to say it's still my perfect car. As for the XDrive, flawless. You can't tell that it's 4 wheel drive, until it snows, and when it does I swear I could plow with it.

Not worth the 58K... I HATE THIS CAR
By anonymous

I previously leased a 2011 328i sedan. I switched jobs during the lease, and I needed something with more cargo space without having to get an X1 or and X3. When I saw this car at the dealer, I was very interested. It has plenty of rear seat legroom, which isn't something I could say about my 328. The model I leased is a 2014 with the M Sport, Premium, Lighting, Technology, Both driver's assistance, Cold weather, and Harmon Kardon sound packages. It is in Mineral Grey, which I am having second thoughts on. I wish I had the Black Sapphire like my old car. After living with it for about a year, the GT's numerous flaws revealed themselves. I do a lot of city driving, but even with my light foot and tendency to use Eco Pro, I am averaging 17.2 MPG. I have had SUVs that did better than that with bigger engines. The engine is very gruff at higher revs, and sounds like a diesel with all of that clatter. I do like the large moonroof and Harmon Kardon sound system. The trunk is nicely finished and very large. When I'm driving, I notice that my knees hit nothing but hard plastic or wood. It is very annoying, and for this price, I would expect a better designed interior. The rear seat has limited head room. I also noticed how loud it is on the freeway or in neighborhoods. At cruising speeds, I can barely hold a conversation with my rear passengers due to the wind and road noise. I regret getting the M Sport because it rides rougher and I am tired of it. I love the latest version of iDrive. The front seats aren't very accommodating. Rear visibility is a huge problem, but thankfully I have plenty of driver aids, which work well. Overall, I am not impressed with this car anymore. If you're in the market for a car with more space but value driving dynamics, look elsewhere.

Great car around
By Chef Vandy

My wife have owned 328 GT for about 7 months now. This car is 3 series on steroid. It is roomy. I can accommodate 5 IKEA cabinet packages easily. Legroom for the rear passenger is excellent. It gives my wife really good MPG 26. We do mix 60/40 highway/city. A lot of users compliant about ride comfort. I would say it is ok. It's not comfort like 550 or 7 series. The road noise is coming from RFT, rimless window. These are what you trade off. They are for safety and style. I came from 2010 e92 335i. My wife GT is totally different animal. This car is much comforter than 335i. Also many users compliant about iDrive. I would say it depends on how you are familiar with the tech gadget. For my wife and I, iDrive is easy to get around. The handling is not sharp as other 3 series. My wife said this 328 GT is the keeper.

Sunroof Wind Noise Affects Comfort
By Rush

I purchased a 2015 328I GT about about 9 months ago. This is a nice looking car and the performance thus far is good. I get numerous compliements about how nice the car looks. My biggest complaint is the "Wind Noise" which affects the driving experince is away that is soooooo annoyingto the point of frustration . I strongly feel BMW of North America needs to address this flaw. When the radio and/ other media isnt turned on, the noise is unbearable so I find myself turning on and up music to in order to not hear the noise. There are so many days I want to drive without music etc yet toomuch winds noise I always have some type of media playing. I place my hand near the roof to get a feel of where the air is coming from. It's as though it isnt sealed tight to prevent outside niise and wind. I had a Infinity with a sunroof and the ride-noise free-no wind which leads me to believe this is a Big problem BMW doesn't want to deal with. The reason for saying this, I verbally brought this to the attnetion of my service advisor, Service Director numeroustimes to no avail. I was told by the service Director, he would test drive a car like mine to see if he experience the same, I havent gotten ffedback,. Service advisor said bring in back in so a techinician could ride along with me. Well my car has been in the service dept for regular maintence so why dealership cant follow-up on my concern. I plan to address this matter in wiritting soon. For the price, i shouldn't have ride uncomfortable. Additionally, while traveling on the interstate, local roadway with speed greater than 40, noise is evident. I curious to know if others who own a 328I GT experience this as well. As months and years past, this good result in water penetrating through the roof and burning gas because heat and or cold air can be felt when you put your hand where the wind noise is. Feel the car will depreciate faster because of this flaw. I want to ride in comfort for the price made. There are many other makes and models I have ridden in that have sun roof-double that yoy Do Not hear wind noise. Something gone wrong in designing.