Used 2010 BMW 1 Series Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 BMW 1 Series

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:

Have had it a month
By greasemonkey8

2010 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Was very surprised to find that this vehicle had enough room for me, considering a 40 inch inseam. And I mean, no cramping at all. that being said, this is my 4th BMW since 1985 - Have liked them all. Have strayed over the years, but everytime I come back to BMW I know why. There's just something different about them. Perhaps that's why they are called the ultimate driving machine :)

Mine came with all the packages, sans the navi. Why bother with it these days if you have a smart phone right? I can't say there is anything I don't like about. Coming out of a larger vehicle, I really like the size and the power even in the 128 at 230hp is ABUNDANT. I have the paddle shifters and the great thing about them is that you don't have to mess with the console shifter to work with them. Make your decision, press to downshift, floor and launch. My only complaint will come as I sign on the dotted line for my first speeding ticket :(

As was previously mentioned, the standard sound system, while listed as having 10 speakers, actually only has 6. Two rear, two door and two subs in the floor under the seats. I thought this would really be a bother coming from a vehicle that speakers coming from every space and surround sound, but it's tolerable and sounds the best when utilizing the ipod side of my iPhone. They could have added in some tweeters on the doors at least

The one
By coach25

2010 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The best car I have ever owned. Excellent fit and finish. But, it's the performance that really is the kicker. Have had three BMW's and this is the best. It is number one.

M package, DCT, and the twin turbos

RFT, I don't care for the run flat tires.

MY 2010 BMW 135i Coupe
By jmlbmw

2010 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 4th BMW since 2001 and by far my least favorite. This is due to the fact that it took a year to get my car running properly. There are major issues with the fuel pump and turbos that require either software upgrades or complete replacement. There are 2 class action lawsuits dealing with this issue which has caused the value of my car to drop over 10 grand in just 1 year. I also had multiple paint issues that have finally been made right and my car now looks like it should have at delivery a year ago. I blame the dealership for this and for not standing behind the car in the beginning. It's too bad that not all BMW dealerships are created equal. Also, the fuel mileage is poor!

Fast, Great Handling, Better Looking then a 3 Series, Solid, Great BMW Performance Options, Nice Engine Upgrades which don't void the warranty.

Better Fuel Pump for Better Fuel Mileage, Better Quality Interior Pieces,

All sorts of fun, quick
By Zimmy

2010 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Having had a 2008 Z4 Roadster before this, I was looking for my next BMW to be more practical yet still wanted it to be fun and fast. I got that and more in the 135i Coupe. Fuel Mileage is not as important to me but fares quite well. The car handles very well (as you would expect from BMW) however the front end does have more push than I would like when driven hard. Slightly tires from the 335i would fix that I presume. The M sport package looks great and the sounds from the exhaust are almost musical. My favorite BMW to date!

The engine and transmission (6 spd manual), Bluetooth, HD & sat. radio

I would highly suggest getting the upgraded sound package. I didn't and regret it slightly. The standard is not hateful, but window-down driving with the radio on sounds a little wimpy when at highway speed.

Makes us feel younger
By malcolm

2010 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The 2010 convertible replaced our 2007 series 3 sedan. Feels the same as I drive it around southern Florida. With the top down I feel about twenty years younger and it is a fun drive. Tight turns, great acceleration, the joy of cruising around has reappeared. Cost was similar to my series three car. Blue tooth option is a must. Safety features abound.

The look the styling, the comfort. It is a convertible you can be proud of. Gas mileage is fine. Reliability is a BMW trademark.

The back seat room is questionable. But I do not plan to sit back there. My young grandchildren will have enough room.