Used 2008 BMW 1 Series Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 BMW 1 Series

View reviews for a specific 1 Series model:

1.5 Year Update
By Paul

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been leasing this car for about 1.5 years and I am severely disappointed. Since I began leasing the vehicle I had the fuel pump replaced, the interior trim is starting to chip off, I've had the rear brakes replaced and I am almost on my third set of tires. Free maintenance yeah right, the treadwear on the runflats is far below average and if you drive aggressively expect to pay more than $1200 a year in maintenance just on the tires. I have already begun to experience more problems with the car stalling and failing to start. The ipod hook up frequently has problems and my passenger seat belt warning goes off with a bottled water in the passenger seat.

Engine. If you want a fast unreliable, uncomfortable track car then this is the car for you. It is not a daily driver.

Needs serious improvements in reliability and much better tires and computer system.

Amazing Car
By ANM

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is amazing. I have had it for 9 months and love it just as much as the first day I bought it. The build quality is the best I have ever seen in a new car. Acceleration is good in Drive mode and great in Sport Mode. On the highway it is as stable at 75 mph as it was at 25 mph. It is the best car I have ever owned.

Brakes; acceleration; ride; rain sensing windshield wipers. Defroster clears the windshield in a couple of seconds, not sure how they make it do that, but makes me wonder why others haven't copied it.

I do not have any complaints.

fun!
By fs

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Can't say enough how much fun is to drive this car. love it. If y're in the market for a new car, give yourself a favor to test drive the 1 series. Purchased my 135i convertible in 02.2009 with $6k below msrp including the $750 leasing incentive. Most fun car I have ever driven.

Wished had cupholder for the passenger front and back

Those Germans Know How to Build Cars!
By BimmerBoomer

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car to replace a 3 series BMW that saved my life in a crash involving a deer. I traveled to Germany to pick up the car and was able to drive at 120 mph with complete confidence because of the safety features built in to the car. A few weeks ago I was returning home on the freeway around midnight when I saw a wrong-way driver coming right for me in my lane. I had only about two seconds to react, and the Dynamic Stability Control helped me move quickly and safely out of the way. I can't say enough about my confidence in this car.

The Harmon Kardon stereo, HD Radio, and iPod interface turn the car into a private concert venue, while the driving experience, comfortable seats, warning chimes that harmonize, a quiet cabin, and Dynamic Stability Control all contribute to making this a complete package.

Run flat tires are very expensive. The seat belt warning chime comes on when you place heavy objects (like laptops or backpacks) on the passenger seat. The chime cannot be disabled because it is a safety feature.

1 Series...dynamite
By Bob

2008 BMW 1 Series 135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Exceptional performance, fun and reliability. Purchased my 135i convertible in Dec 2008 (good time to buy, great deal, low 0.9 financing). Must say we are a BMW family, and also own a 535i, and previously owned a 330i and Z3 (3.0) so we are biased to the exceptional service, warranty, and purchase experience at BMW. Have put 24K miles on it in 9 months with no problems. Very comfortable for one or two people, excellent seats and ergonomics. Purchased this as a replacement to a 2001 Z3 3.0 with 200K miles, so I view the small back seat as extended cargo space. Smooth, for it's class, on the highway and exceptional on back roads and acceleration. A true wolf in sheep's clothing.

300hp twin turbo engine and famous BMW handling. Makes it a better daily driver than the M3, for much less. Superior warranty and service at my dealership.

Would like to see weather radar incorporated into the Nav system. Comms links are already there, as is the data, so no new technology. Important to a convertible driver in Florida in the summer...monsoon rains and lightening!