Used 2002 Audi TT Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Audi TT

View reviews for a specific TT model:

Buy Used Save Money Have Fun
By odachimaster

2002 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Car still had full warranty for 10 months. Just know what you're buying. You cannot go wrong with an Audi. Parts are expensive, but check salvage yards The car shifts smooth, corners great. Invest in good tyres always, do not have to be the most pricey ones. It rides a little stiff but it is supposed to.

All the aftermarket goodies you can get. 6 speed quickness. Brights are very bright. Exterior design.

German Precision American Vision
By Beeyond

2002 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car lacks power but has EYE appeal galore. I added a Borla catback system, a D-BOV both of which make great sound, power and Looks. P-flo air. Euro tail lights, short shifter, custom mats, red LEDs inside and paint wax custom front full bra. I have a ride I can be proud of set of tires are General 225/45/17 never thought I would own GENERALS but made by Uniroyal great tyres. TT holds the corners and going up hill it keeps giving you more power. My wife drove it and could not believe the power it has she said it never quit when she demanded more it was there for her.

Able to modify within a reasonable budget. EXTERIOR styling (do not like going to A8 front end).

Steering wheel mounted radio and cd controls, power seats, memory seats driver side (two), armrest middle.

My Little Red Coupe
By JRL

2002 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has provided me with the most fun of any car I've ever owned. Handles great in the snow and ice, and amazingly on mountain passes. Good thing skis became shorter in the past years, as there's not a lot of room inside, and Audi stopped making their racks for the TT. Audi service has been fantastic to deal with - I've had very few issues over the four years I've had the car. I think I'll end up keeping this one until the wheels fall off. Can't think of another car at the price range that packs the punch that the 225 hp TT has in terms of performance and craftsmanship.

Super comfortable, heated seats.

The window motors could be a bit more reliable.

A blast to own!
By Chris Spida

2002 Audi TT 225hp ALMS Edition quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car caught my attention when it first came out. It was always a dream of mine to own one and now I do! I cannot go anywhere with out getting a compliment on the car. People always love the red interior and want to ask questions about the vehicle in general. If get the opportunity to own one of these beauties be prepared for a lot of attention, especially outside of affluent areas. However, there is a down side. There have been a number of problems with the drive train on the car and Audi of America has been less than helpful at some of the turns. Be prepared to go through some hassles. But if you can take it in stride it will pay you back!

Exterior/Interior styling: One of the most beautiful cars of all time. Decent power and good road feel. Comes with all the luxury amenities at a reasonable price. Head turning.

Audi corporate and the Dealerships need to get on the customer service/satisfaction band-wagon. More power. A true quattro system. Improved gear box.

Get the extended warranty
By Cyan

2002 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had many small problems. Some of which I've had fixed by Audi service only to have the problem come back. Never left me stranded or embarrassed. I get lots of looks, kind of a funny sounding wimpy idle. Handles like it's on rails but could use a little more power. Tons of space for a small car. It's my work truck, I have seriously fit a 32"X80" door into it just fine. Half dozen 2X4's no problem. Can get 7 5-gallon buckets and my tools.

Cornering, style, Makes you look succesfull without the high price. Plenty of room in the hatchback, and my 6'2" frame. Great gas mileage. All weather option. On a slipery parking lot and a light snow, turn off "ESP" turn the wheel all the way and punch it. You will spin like a top.

Fix the small electrical problems. Add more power. Is GPS an option? Adjustable suspension. Add bass to the stereo. A "Sports" car should have a 300HP+ option.