Used 2002 Audi TT Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Audi TT

View reviews for a specific TT model:

20 year Z guy gone Audi
By fl81turbozx

2002 Audi TT 180hp Fwd 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The exterior lines of the 1st generation Audi TT are destined to be classic. With a factory spoiler it evokes thoughts more of a classic Porsche than a Golf or Beetle. Not only did the car redefine Audi, making cars like the R8 possible, but it also redefined a segment of which the 350z took many notes. As far as things falling apart, we will see. From experience, when a typical American is faced with a knob, switch or lever we are not familiar with, what do we do...we wrench, wiggle, push and pull on it until we brake it. God forbid we get out the manual! Handling is fantastic. Braking is better than anything I have ever driven. 370z included. Backseats, perfect, for my 2yr old.

The interior is superb. If the classic lines of the exterior are not this car's strongest point, then the interior is. Whereas aftermarket guru's and copy-cat manufactures are rushing to add every piece of fake plastic stainless and chrome they can find, the Audi TT did it first and did it right.

Performance, well if the chick car thing came from anywhere, perhaps it is in performance. It’s by no means a dog, but I believe a chip and performance exhaust is in my TT’s future. Realistically, it is short about 15-20hp; I think I will add an extra 40 to keep things interesting.

What a car!
By Marty Zess

2002 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is not the first sports car that I have owned but, it could be the best. The turbo charged 4 cylinder is a great engine and really pushes the car around. The convertible adds that extra touch that makes the car a real pleasure to drive. I love the handling of the car through the turns of a winding road.

The convertible top is the best. Just a switch to push and it drops in seconds. The interior is just comfortable enough without over doing it. I'm 6foot 3inches tall and I fit into the car without a problem. Once in the car there is more than enough room available to me.

None so far.

Don't buy a TT
By C dub

2002 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my dream car used 2 years ago. Since then it has had one problem after another. The timing belt breaks prematurely with these cars and Audi USA knows this and does nothing about it. Instrument cluster fails, fuel cell broken 3x, automatic window motor goes out. If you get a flat tire you have to buy a whole set of new tires because they have to have the same tread wear as it is AWD. And even the most minor thing to fix is very expensive I had a blast driving it when it wasnt broken, but it seems to be breaking more and more and the car is only 6 yrs old. Don't buy this car no matter how "pretty" it is.

When the car actually worked, and wasnt in the shop, it was awesome to drive. Handling, speed, the turbo, all awesome.

Have someone redo the entire electrical system. Get a after market timing belt. And if you do buy this car, get an extended warranty because this car will break on you.

Best used car I have ever purchased
By tim

2002 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased used in Jan 07 in NY (I live FL), certified and only 19800 miles on car. No problems at all, runs great and I replaced the ugly rims with something that finishes the car much better than stock wheels. Averaged 28 miles to the gallon on trip back from NY... this car will be a classic one day.

Everything.

Power driver seat.

Great fun drive
By VTN

2002 Audi TT 225hp quattro AWD 2dr Roadster (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Gets looks everywhere. In love with the turbo.Tremendous fun to drive. No comparison with the others. Very reliable and trouble free.

AWD, turbo, interior design, power top.

Nothing.