2012 Audi TT RS Consumer Review: An outstanding sports car

2012 Audi TT RS - Consumer Review

quattro Coupe (2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

An outstanding sports car
By smerdyakov on

2012 Audi TT RS quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My local Audi dealer recently took in a 2102 TT RS, a car that I had been interested in for some time, but had never seen. After driving it I was very impressed, and traded my 2011 Corvette Grand Sport for the RS immediately. The RS has acceleration equal to the Corvette's up to about 80 mph, is far more maneuverable, and much more exciting to drive. It probably would not be at its best on long road trips however, since the ride is somewhat stiff and the exhaust noise can be bothersome.
I have also owned a Porsche Cayman S in the recent past, and the Audi is superior to that car in nearly every respect. Any prospective Cayman buyer should give the Audi serious consideration.
However, after six months of ownership, the check engine light came on. Due to the rarity of the vehicle and its sophisticated engine, it took two weeks for my dealer to find and fix the problem. I decided that I didn't want a car that had the potential to cause me further problems, so I traded it for a Porsche Boxster.

• Headlights

• Rain snow traction
  • Parking aids
  • Usb ports
  • Bluetooth

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review