2009 Audi S5: Steering Failure?
June 08, 2009
We've had the 2009 Audi S5 in our test fleet for about 2 months now. And every other person to drive it has come to me with concerns about the steering feel. I've heard ten different descriptions, each detailing how the steering system in our Audi is approaching failure.
- "What's up with the steering wheel? It shudders until you turn the wheel, then drives like a normal car."
- "Right around 45 mph the wheel starts to shimmy. You might wanna check it out."
- "It starts to shake up until about 80 mph. But if you just power through then its fine."
- "Feels like our Enclave did just before the power steering took a dump."
- "You're all crazy. It drives just like our A4 Avant. This must be normal."
Let's see what the dealer has to say about this.
Mike Schmidt, Vehicle Testing Manager @ 3,500 miles