Used 2005 Audi S4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Audi S4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific S4 model:

After a year
By ravenn

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm coming up on the one year anniversary with my 2005 S4 B6 Sedan QM and don't regret it one bit. I drove a 2004 Audi A4 1.8TQM previously and the few minor complaints I had with it are gone in the S4. The power is awesome, handling is crisp, loves the mountain roads and the freeways equally. It's a little soft for the racetrack, but the recaro seats grip wonderfully. The Bose sound package is nice, except for the auto volume control-had some annoying issues with that. I'm also glad I got in before they change the body style-can't say that I'm a fan of the fishmouth grill. So, a year later, I still love the car. I have a smile on my face everytime I go to drive it. Well built and safe.

344hp V8, of course. Quattro is a close second - I feel total confidence in the rain, and more comfortable in the snow. Audi's interior design is the best by far. Understated, clean, well laid out. It will be a sad day if they ever get rid of the red night lighting - I love it. Exterior is great too

Gas mileage. Esp. living in CA. It's not too bad on long trips though, say LA to SF. Need to redesign the drivers center armrest - interferes badly with shifting and the ebrake. And please don't change to the electronic ebrake... Use the hand brake all the time to avoid tickets!

fun to drive
By rad97

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I was trying to decide which car to lease, so I test drove BMW 330, Lexus GS430, Infiniti M45 and FX45. They were all good cars, but for the money and performance the Audi S4 sedan was the best. For 49K you get the fastest and best handling car with all wheel drive to boot. Only complaint is small fuel tank and having to switch to snow tires for the winter.

Handling, acceleration, steering, recaro sports seats. What a fun car to drive hard. "S" setting in auto. transm. is exhilirating.

Better gas mileage and a much bigger fuel tank. Why does the vw passat w8 have a 21+ gallon fuel tank and this s4 only 17? Better cupholders and position of cupholders.

GREAT CAR !
By SERGIO

2005 Audi S4 Sedan New quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

Great car, a blast to drive, fit and finish superb. Amazing fuel economy for a v8. will satisfy anyone. AWD is extremely helpful.

Power, handling, looks.

Hard to improve a great car. Supercharger?

INCREDIBLE, AWESOME AND TOTAL FUN
By Garner Bennett

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

As a former BMW owner of a 3, 5, and 7 series over the years I approached Audi with caution and curiosity. The moment I drove the 2005 S4 I was hooked! The handling, power, style and sheer performance surpassed all other cars I've owned. As a Realtor and 'need' for a larger car the small size of the S4 is a compromise, but very much worth it in all respects. I now enjoy the hours I spend in my car! Don't think twice... buy this car and you'll never regret it!

Transmission's sport mode (automatic), BOSE satellite radio, Recaro seats, incredible handling and power!

Drink holders need to better placed and add some inside storage. A larger gas tank would be nice too!

drive and you will buy
By mike

2005 Audi S4 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

best driving car ever only car that compared was the turbo porche suv.

sport shift is better than manual

make seats available for larger men.