Skip to main content

$57,500

Save as much as $155
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

APPROACH WITH CAUTION

Randle James, 10/10/2021
Premium Plus 4dr SUV AWD w/45 TFSI (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This SUV is a real beauty, but… and it’s a BIG BUT… the technology employed, which truly is extraordinary when working well, is extremely unstable - failing and faulting nearly 25% of the time. We’ve had our Q7 for 6 months and it’s been back to the dealership 5 times. I know all the service advisors by name now. And no offense to service advisors, but I NEVER want to know one (much less several) by name. It’s so frustrating, because when everything is working well, you’ll never find a better experience. It’s THAT good. But man oh man, when it’s not working, nothing is more infuriating. For one of the many examples, the system is constantly “updating.” The last update - which ended up causing a return to the service department - took 5 days. 5 days of no navigation, no phone, no radio, no nothing. It was like driving a brick. A very very expensive brick.

Excellent SUV!

RonL, 02/05/2022
updated 08/08/2022
Prestige 4dr SUV AWD w/55 TFSI (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric mild hybrid 8A)

Superb handling, excellent ride and usable technology. Yes, there are times I think the vehicle is smarter than me, for the most part it’s intuitive and responsive to be able to use all the various systems. I particularly like the GPS whether it’s the builtin MMI or Apple CarPlay. And the sound system is absolutely awesome! Very good! Interior storage is not that great but certainly adequate and the usability of the cargo area is quite good. I have never used the 3rd row and probably won’t so can’t comment. We went to the dealership thinking Q8 but the Q7 drives better, rides better and is significantly less expensive. So glad we bought this in February of ‘21 as a fully loaded Prestige like ours is not to be had because of the chip shortage.

4 out of 5 stars
1 out of 5 stars

Not close to ergonomic design.

Ram, 11/18/2021
Premium Plus 4dr SUV AWD w/45 TFSI (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Absolutely zero consul space, the faulty finger touch panel is so complicated and I am not able to set the heater on NO FAN!. The GPS is horrible faulty too.

1 out of 5 stars

Not impressed - shop around

Marie, 05/14/2022
Premium 4dr SUV AWD w/45 TFSI (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

For the cost, shop around for a better vehicle. I’ve had my 2022 since December and have been back to the dealership many times. There are two beautiful panels for your technology and they DON’T work or sync. I’ve talked to 5 different people and they keep saying that it’s a glitch that they’re working on. The technology is terrible.. as I’m writing this Im staring at 2 blank screens. At this moment the screens aren’t even turning on which is a problem. I can’t access my radio, temperature control, garage door opener and cameras to name a few things. It’s also a gas guzzler. $100 every couple days. The 2019 Q5 I had was much better quality.

Awesome Q7

Vicki, 08/03/2022
Prestige 4dr SUV AWD w/55 TFSI (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric mild hybrid 8A)

The Q7s ride is very smooth and quite! The technology is high tech! Loved working with Susan at Carousel Motors, Iowa City, Iowa.