Skip to main content
$57,500

Save as much as $10,433
Select your trim:
12345...7

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2022 Q7, so we've included reviews for other years of the Q7 since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

APPROACH WITH CAUTION

Randle James, 10/10/2021
2022 Audi Q7 Premium Plus 4dr SUV AWD w/45 TFSI (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This SUV is a real beauty, but… and it’s a BIG BUT… the technology employed, which truly is extraordinary when working well, is extremely unstable - failing and faulting nearly 25% of the time. We’ve had our Q7 for 6 months and it’s been back to the dealership 5 times. I know all the service advisors by name now. And no offense to service advisors, but I NEVER want to know one (much less several) by name. It’s so frustrating, because when everything is working well, you’ll never find a better experience. It’s THAT good. But man oh man, when it’s not working, nothing is more infuriating. For one of the many examples, the system is constantly “updating.” The last update - which ended up causing a return to the service department - took 5 days. 5 days of no navigation, no phone, no radio, no nothing. It was like driving a brick. A very very expensive brick.

Best of All Worlds

Paul Marnell, 08/01/2020
2020 Audi Q7 Prestige 4dr SUV AWD w/55 TFSI (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric mild hybrid 8A)

This is our first Audi. Coming off Mercedes and BMW’s before. My wife needed some extra seats for shared school duty this year. I almost bought a BMW X7 but could not get over it being a brand new platform getting bad reliability marks. Also, it was just a little too big for daily run-around. Next was an upgrade to her Mercedes to a new GLE. Needed the AMG Exterior (such a better look than chrome trim), the V6/450 variant and 3rd row option. Challenging to find inventory and ultimately driving up price over the competition. MB ride is also just so soft. We looked at Volvo, trying for something different this time. Unimpressed with manual cabin functions, seats were too firm, no USB ports and wasn’t impressed with T6 4-cylinder engine. We did not dig for a T8 - which I’m sure would have been a fun drive - because of the other drawbacks. Not sure why it took so long for me to review Audi but by the time I did it was literally like a ‘greatest hits’ of everything I’d seen in the market. Thrilling drive (especially in Dynamic), really comfortable seats, perfect ride (highly recommend air suspension), safety & tech is all there (items excluded weren’t important for us like auto-parking), MMi touchscreen is simply the best in industry (no touch pad, wheels, gesture - all touch screen, customizable and intuitive beyond all expectations). We love the looks. Driver position is perfect blend between car and SUV feel (I guess ‘wagon’ comes to mind). Dealer and discount/pricing was great. Fit and finish is tight/Germanic. We will have to see on reliability but I feel very confident in this long-running platform. So happy I held out, continued the search and found a winner.

Not impressed - shop around

Marie, 05/14/2022
2022 Audi Q7 Premium 4dr SUV AWD w/45 TFSI (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

For the cost, shop around for a better vehicle. I’ve had my 2022 since December and have been back to the dealership many times. There are two beautiful panels for your technology and they DON’T work or sync. I’ve talked to 5 different people and they keep saying that it’s a glitch that they’re working on. The technology is terrible.. as I’m writing this Im staring at 2 blank screens. At this moment the screens aren’t even turning on which is a problem. I can’t access my radio, temperature control, garage door opener and cameras to name a few things. It’s also a gas guzzler. $100 every couple days. The 2019 Q5 I had was much better quality.

Almost a perfect car

t w houston, 03/23/2021
updated 09/24/2021
2021 Audi Q7 Prestige 4dr SUV AWD w/55 TFSI (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric mild hybrid 8A)

Love the exterior look and the interior luxury. It drives like a much smaller car. It is nimble and easy to steer. The drive is so smooth. When you are driving 90 mph it feels like 60 in a regular car. The infotainment system has a high learning curve but after you have everything customized, it is easy to live with. I wish it was available with the high-end B&O sound system, but the mid-level one sounds good but not great. It is very comfortable and everything works well. The virtual cockpit with Google Earth maps is the highlight. It is very quiet with dual pane glass on the windshield, and both front and rear windows. There is plenty of room for five adults. Adults can fit in the rear if the 2nd row seats are moved forward. The 2nd row seats fold forward a great deal making entry to the 3rd row easy. Only a few things I don't like: (1) the storage in the front is nearly non-existent with a tiny center console. (2) There is no tire gauge pressure reading. You will get a warning if a particular tire goes below a threshold but there is no numerical readout (3) There is no remote start so remote unlocking through the app. Now I have had the car for about 7 months. I still feel that it is a great car and my initial impressions were good. The reliability issues of Audi did raise its ugly head during this time. The check engine light came on after about 5000 miles. I brought it into the dealership and they kept it for 2 days and said it was fixed. But the problem recurred after a few days, and I had to bring it back in again for another couple of days. They said they had to replace a fuel pump assembly. The first time they just replaced a sensor. The second time they replaced the whole unit. It has been working fine since then. I have never had a car with such a major engine problem in such a short time. I don't know what that bodes for the future. The dealership was great with free loaner cars with free gas. Some things I like more over time: The sound system started sounding better and better as the speakers were broken in. I learned how to drive it so I could get really great fuel mileage on the highway. I was able to easily achieve 25 to 27 mpg. The cooled seats work really well. The car is built like a tank. You don't get door dings. I was involved in a minor accident due to somebody illegally driving into my lane. But the car just bounced off the other car with a couple minor scratches that are nearly invisible. Any other car I owned would have had a crumpled side panel. Things I don't like over time: The auto start-stop can be really rough, although you can turn it off. The fuel mileage in city driving is really bad especially for short trips. There I am getting under 15 mpg. Voice navigation sometimes works well and sometimes not. It depends on whether you get a good network connection with Google. Wireless charging in conjunction with wireless Apple Carplay makes the phone really hot. These are fairly minor gripes. Overall, once you drive this car, most other cars will feel inadequate and inferior.

3 out of 5 stars

4 out of 5 stars

Sporty 3 row SUV; Just one flaw...

Adam Moore, 09/21/2020

A beautiful, luxurious 3 row SUV that’s fun to drive? Sign me up! The Q7 has plenty of room for our family of 5 and flexible seating. I was worried I was missing out on other brands (XC90) that had captains chairs, but turns out folding the middle seat down works just as well for my kids to access to 3rd row even when two child seats installed in 2nd row. I found the Q7 to be the perfect size 3 row SUV - not too bulky like a GLS. It moves fast (get the 55) and drives rather sporty for an SUV. The interior is absolutely stunning - leather, wood, and lighting. The tech is awesome. Despite a lot of features, I found them intuitive to use. It has the best touch screen I’ve used with haptic feedback that feels closer to buttons. You can customize a lot of the tech too - including what is displayed in each screen and the design of the instrument cluster. Its nice to have Car Play google maps on the big screen, and then control music on the instrument cluster screen. The driver assistance works well and is not annoying like in other cars I’ve driven. THE FLAW? Small item storage is lacking. Actually, I had more compartments in the 2013 A4 Allroad I traded in. Some stubborn German Designer did not want to mess up his beautiful interior design with trays and compartments. The center console is shallow and can only fit a phone, wallet, and sunglasses. There are not any storage trays. The door pockets are a decent size, but awkward shaped. There is a hidden compartment to the left of the steering wheel, but it is also awkward. The glove box is small too. I had to buy roll-up organizers to optimize the space. Very disappointing as I know Mercedes does a good job with that aspect of their designs - so at least one German brand can get it right for the US market. That is the only reason I can’t give the Q7 5 stars. I still love to drive it though.

12345...7