2009 Audi Q7 Consumer Review: Love my Tdi

2009 Audi Q7 - Consumer Review

TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Love my Tdi
By wabisabi on

2009 Audi Q7 TDI Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I have owned this fine vehicle for about 8,000 miles and I absolutely love it. Aside from everything a luxury vehicle provides, this thing is quite frugal. On long highway trips, I commonly see 27 to 29 mpg. Driving from my home in Minneapolis to downtown St. Paul, I see MPG readings from 24 to 29 depending on how heavy traffic is. Although the HP is lower than the V6 gas or the V8 gas engines, the torque is quite substantial and I have never felt that the vehicle was underpowered in any way. Towing a 23’ fishing boat around really exemplifies the advantage of large torque numbers. The Q7 has a super quiet interior, very comfortable. If you are looking at the Q7, get the Tdi.

Audi side assist blind spot monitoring. Bluetooth phone. iPod interface. Auxiliary heat. 7-passenger seating. Tdi MPG. Audi Parking System. Navigation. Voice commands for Nav, audio, etc...

Would like to have ordered it with adaptive cruise and adaptive suspension but these options were not available in '09. They are in '10 though.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review