2016 Audi Q5 SUV Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Audi Q5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

Andy d
By Andrew Duke

2016 Audi Q5 SUV 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Compare price offered to kkb.com

In pieces on the shop floor at 400 miles
By Rather Have Mercedes

2016 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Beautiful paperweight for the first four weeks I owned it. Timing shaft tensioner failed, then second time in it was the camshaft that failed. Audi refused buyback saying basically "too bad."

heavy passenger door
By Hai

2016 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Audi Q5 is a wonderful SUV overall, except the doors are causing problem for us. The doors are very heavy, and tend to swing close by themselves. My wife hurt her finger when putting staff in the car and the door was unexpected closing so fast by itself! Watch for the doors, they are dangerous!

Great car as long as there is not a problem.
By Len

2016 Audi Q5 SUV 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

This is our third Q5 in a row. When the car was 2 days old the backup warning system failed and I backed into a mailbox The dealer told me the system sensors needed a deep cleaning, which they did, but would not repair a small dent. I complained to Audi, they said it is up to the dealer because that would be covered under the warranty. The dealer said Audi refuses to pay for the damage. During the next six months the GPS would freeze and the MMS system would simply not turn on at times. I complained to the dealer again this times they told me there was an update to the software due to problems that Audi was having. The dealer and Audi Still refused to take responsibility for a failed system. This will be my last Audi not because the Q5 isn't a good car but because Audi does not back their vehicles like other companies I have dealt with in the past.

Liked my 2014 Q5 so much - I leased another!
By Ingolstadt Fan

2016 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I had a 2014 Q5 Premium Plus 2.0 lease that was up for renewal recently. In over 30 years of leasing vehicles I've NEVER leased the same vehicle twice as every one of them seemed to have some quirk or flaw that made me want to try something different. However, in this case I ended up leasing the a newer version of the exact same Q5. Why? because I test drove everything else out there and could not bear to part with the Q5. Superb all around car and hands down the best engines on the road today. After 36K miles on the 2014, zero flaws and the exterior and interior still look it came off the showroom. My new 2016 is even better, if that's possible. There is a reason this SUV consistently gets 5 star ratings.