Used 2011 Audi Q5 SUV Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Audi Q5 SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

Great Car, but Comes With a Bag of Problems.
By Daniel Yum

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

If you are purchasing used, please make sure it has been serviced/repaired for engine oil consumption issue. The piston rings have inherent flaw that has been filed under class action suit which will cover the piston ring replacement or engine replacement (depending on severity of issue) as long as vehicle is under 80,000 miles (albeit with a lot of hassle to get it fixed from dealer). Reliability is not top notch, but it isn't at the bottom either. Good fuel economy with nice exterior and interior design. Car certainly feels premium at a reasonable price.

Exquisite premium plus SUV for all conditions
By BostonGuruFit

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

A surefooted stable all weather utilitarian vehicle that is sporty yet smooth as molten butter and as stylishly luxurious as value would allow. The panorama sun/moonroof lets the light in making the already spacious cabin look even more so and inviting for your guests. For the price point, it is a smooth cruiser but one can wake up the beast by shifting to S mode. I was crossshopping current year lexus NX, Mercedes GLC (and GLK), and BMW X6 at higher price points and they did not deliver the versatile appeal yo the driver senses as the Q5 could. Although I bought mine pre-owned at high highway miles, there is no doubt it still feels and runs like new. The interior fit and finish have held up well indicative of the attention of detail befitting a German luxury mobile. The cons are that because the standard suspension is fairly sporty and firm, rough roads may be felt more but its manageable. If you can, find a Q5 with adaptive dampers and audi drive select and youll have 3+ cars of feel in one! Also, this MY has piston and ring oil consumption issues as well as timing chain tensioner flaws. Luckily it was fixed in mine. Do your due diligence and find one that has these fixes done and car will be bulletproof. MY and minor facelift (2009-2012s look better in my opinion) 2013+ Q5s seem to have these fixes done so could save you a headache. Overall, amazing bargain for the price. Way more car for money than buying a new car with steep depreciation or an econobox that is more of an appliance. We spend so many hours in our residences, places of work AND in our car and we care/indulge majorly in the former 2 so why not treat yourself with world class commuting comfort, utility and technology. Caveat: as with most nice things, just pay a little more :]

Rather fight than switch!!!
By Jac R.

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Once you drive an Audi, you will never want to drive anything else. Well appointed,stylish inside and out. Quick acceleration and safety,safety, safety. One of the safest vehicles on the road. I own an A4 and the Q5 premium. I love my Audis'.

Ticked Off
By Lynn

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Just purchased my 2011 Q5 approximately a month ago. Did my due diligence before I purchased it, and had it inspected. Was only told it needed a new oil filter and oil, but everything else looked good. Took it o Audi for the 35K mile check up and added a couple extras to the inspection to make sure. Again, no issues...until a week later when my air conditioner wouldn't work. Turns out I had to get a new blower motor. Following week, the car is hesitating and the engine light comes on, so need to take it in again. THEN, we take it in for a car wash and the person knocks the rear view mirror off...have to replace the ENTIRE windshield. WTF??? I really wish I would have seen this page before I purchased this vehicle. NOT HAPPY!!

Unreliable - Expect Major Repairs Every 15K or So
By Todd

2011 Audi Q5 SUV 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have had several reliability issues with my 2011 Audi Q5 over the years, including: (1) Excessive oil consumption eventually leading to the replacement of engine pistons and rings (which Audi covered, thankfully), (2) Multiple mechanical and electrical issues that have prevented the vehicle from either starting or driving, requiring the vehicle to be towed multiple times, along with multiple (and very expensive) repairs from the Audi dealerships. Seriously, it seems like every 6-12 months another random issue pops up that renders the vehicle undriveable. I hold my breath each time I start it just waiting for the next warning light and four-figure Audi bill. Also worth mentioning that the jack is much too small for the vehicle and the spare tire is deflated (note the jack slipped when I was changing the tire in 2014 and crushed my left hand, leading to a trip to the ER and physical therapy; it remains sore and swollen to this day).