Used 2011 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Audi Q5

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

Good looking car, poor build quality and horrible service
By skip37

2011 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Under 15K mi & water pump went out, front brake pads need to be replaced, wipers already shot (I live in SoCal & the vehicle is garaged) & I have the backseat constant rattle that Audi will not fix.
We were just about to drive through the desert before the water pump failure...that Audi didn't warn us about.
Instead, it ruined our trip & they washed our car for the inconvenience.
They also deny that there is a problem with the seat rattle.
Just do a search on it & you will see all the problems so many are experiencing.
Now, I have to use duct tape to muffle a rattle that Audi will not fix on its 45K vehicle that is still under warranty.
This is my second Audi and my last.
Money pit!

Interior design

Build quality and service people at the dealerships....please have them fix the vehicle rather than plead and beg for you to give them a perfect score on their review. How Audi handled the water pump "silent recall" is total bush league. Okay, so Audi failed to manage its supply chain and get enough pumps in to handle a normal recall. At least have the dignity to forewarn your customers about a potential problem. Had our pump failed 250 miles later, we would have been stranded in the middle of the desert in the middle of the night. But thanks for that car wash to make up for your failures!

Best In Class
By dsippin

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We got tired of our 2008 Audi TT 3.2 sports car (fun but impractical) and traded it in for a 2011 Q5 2.0L with the Premium Plus package. We could not be happier with this vehicle. It is far superior to the competition with a great blend of style, luxury, comfort, and economy. The electronics are phenomenal. The displays are sharp and crisp. Ride is a perfect blend of tautness and comfort - just returned from a 400-mile round-trip. Interior is extremely quiet. Perfect size, lots of leg room and plenty of rear storage.
Getting close to 30mpg at $4.00 plus per gallon saves a lot of gas money.
Dealership experience at Audi of Fairfield (CT) was terrific.

Smooth 8-speed tranny, state of the art electronics, nav, audio, iPhone interface for phone calls and music, rear-view camera, luxurious interior, stylish exterior, easy fold-down of rear seats, free roof racks.

Heated front seats do not get hot enough even at the highest setting.

2011 3.2 Q5 Prestige Pckg
By trinitywolf

2011 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

After doing a LOT of research and test driving we kept coming back to the Q5. There is nothing else quite like when you combine looks, features and performance.

We liked the 2.0 engine but the 3.2 has no lag and it is silky smooth. Now, after hearing about the oil usage of the 2.0 we are very glad we chose the 3.2. Yes the gas mileage is not quite as good but we are ok with that.

The B and O sound system is off the chain. The Nav and the MMI controls have a learning curve but it is a very nice system. Beautiful interior. The doors open and close with a great feel and sound. The Q5 turns heads. It is a work of art.

The price. She is not cheap and we saw no bargains on a new or used one. It quickly builds up brake dust but so do a lot of others. We ordered ours and waited 3 long months. It was worth it. We got our Q5 exactly the way we wanted it. I wish you could buy one that stayed clean by itself all the time. ;)

Out performs MPG estimates
By bigjoe7

2011 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I am an Acura MDX driver who was tired of limited leg room for the driver. The Q5 is smaller but has a longer wheel base and has removed the irritating foot pedal that played havoc with my shin bone with a simple lever on the center console.
Start, stop, set parking brake within inches of each function. The prestige styling is to my likingand performance with the 3.2L engine has exceeded my expectations in both power and mileage.
My entire music library is available by simply cable connecting my ipod in the glove box;
simple lead thru on the car's 7" screen.

Adaptive Cruise control is a safety feature to me along with the side assist feature. It also reduces driving fatique by limiting the participation in reducing and increasing speed to accomodate drivers in front. Mountain roads at night are made much easier to navigate wih the adaptive headlights. No blind spots on sharp turns. Voice commands allow me to do what I need to without taking my eyes off the road. The text to voice is so good you put the info in and no need to confirm with second sound input as I had to do with my last vehicle.

Would like to see the telescoping and up and down adj on the steering wheel to be electronic. A little difficult to adjust while driving. THe center console arm rest can slide into drinks and make a real mess. There should be a stopping mechanism before it slides over the cupholders.

Watch out for the 2.0T Engines
By atlas4

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I tried to do as much research as possible and every review kept pointing to the Audi 2011 Q5 with the 2.0T as the best at this time.
So I bought one.
The ride is excellent, gas mileage is very good, the fit and finish is excellent but now comes the big issue.
The car burns oil at a very high rate.
At 4000 miles I had to add a full quart of oil.
The manual says it can burn 1 qt. every 600 miles so I guess that mean at almost every fill up of gas put a qt of oil in.
That sounds ridiculous.
I called 3 dealers and all said yes it does burn a lot of oil.
Well that is just not acceptable so I sold it got a Toyota Rav4 4WD with more power, more cargo room and does not burn oil.

Ride, handling