Used 2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Audi Q5

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

3.5 years, 58k miles and counting.
By travis_in_tx

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Purchased new 2011 2.0T with sunroof, no Navi. I use this suv all the time - lots of hiway miles, some offroad/farm tracks, vet errands, cross country. Need the SUV format. 1st set of OEM Tires lasted about 45k, new Pirellis I think are even better. I keep a qt of SynthOil in the boot, in 3 years have added 4 quarts total - glad mine's not unique, and seriously people, this is not among life's major problems considering all the positives. Lifetime MPG is 24.7. Audio/iPod/Sat is great. Cargo is functional, plenty of passer space.
It's a solid efficient SUV, I don't know what I would get instead. I do have a soft spot for that Subaru/dog commercial, but Q5 suits me for work and after work.

Those cinnamon/mocha seats with black exterior - lots of compliments. Quattro and basic handling - it's no A4 or track car but you feel well grounded, and I have straddled ruts and poor farm roads thru sand and mud on occasion. 2.0T is a great engine - best combo of fuel and power for a two ton truck/SUV. Base Audio is very high quality. 3 power ports very helpful, I use em all. Big sunroof & solar blocker are fine even in TX -- I thought it would be too hot… nope.

Options are pricey, keep your cost down by not getting the Navi, or the Xenons, or sport wheels, or the power hatch (but if you're hauling a baby and lots of goodies I can see the need…). The basic SUV is a good value under $38k but can quickly escalate. I miss the old Audi 50k free maintenance. As a result I don't use Dealer service, found a good Euro-service shop that handles all for less $.

Disappointed
By atlanta001

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Bought a Q5 in 2010 August. While this is a great car to drive, problems with the oil consumption ( it is a major irritant) and brake pads ( I have done 47 K miles) and have them elaced twice. What is truly disappointing with Audi is the way the company and dealership have washed their hands of these issues. I used to own a BMW before shifting to an Audi, but this is definitely the last Audi I would ever buy

Fantastic value for a luxury vehicle
By jensjohn

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned this CPO 2011 Q5 for 4 years now and it is a pleasure to drive. Lovely ride, good service by the dealer although I have extended warranty up to 100k miles. There were 5 issues over the years - one is a broken sunvisor which was replaced free of charge, a leak/gap in a body panel that caused water to come in...this was also addressed through a technical bulletin and repaired free of charge, a fuel pump sensor, PRV, hood latch sensor, all were fixed under warrantI. Build quality could be better and I was told that Audi is working on it. I am a cautiously optimistic Audi fan but the only Audi's I buy will be CPOs since they come with extended warranty

2.0T oil consumption
By bibel1

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I got this car relaying on Audi brand . I'm very disappointed that info about excessive oil consumption in these engines was available before
. We are going back for refill oil every 1,200 miles.That is very annoying.
Dealer does everything to accommodate us including free car wash. They claim this if within tolerance.We see dozens of disappointed Audi owners there.DO your research before you buy.There is more and more info online about this problem.

What the sales people don't tell you.
By geffroy

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My Audi Q5 burns about 1 quart every 4K miles and we've owned it for about 1 1/2 years and has 22,000 miles. Audi says that as long as it's not more than 1 quart per 1,000 miles it's ok and in the mean time they won't do anything. Moreover, in the owner's manual (page 273) it states the following under the oil consumption section: "Depending on the way the vehicle is driven and the operating conditions, oil consumption can be up to ½ quart per 600 miles. Consumption may be higher within the first 3,000 miles."
I expect more from a $50,000 car and Audi is washing their hands off on this issue.
If we had know, we would have bought another car.

size, and shap. It drives nicely.

redo engine so it doesn't burn oil and pollute.