Used 2009 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Audi Q5

3.2 Premium quattro 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (57 reviews )

Q5 3.2 v6
By vp

2009 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought 2 days ago. Engine is smooth on acceleration. A family of 4 can comfortably seat. I am having a blast. I love it.

ipod interface and sd card slot for music.

None that I can think of at present time.

Bull in Sheep's Clothing
By lumumba

2009 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

With Audi drive select you can change its driving properties quite nicely. With the ADS and the S Line tires and wheels (Michelin Latitude Sport). It will stick with the best of them. Comfort setting for potholes works well. Prestige package is worth it. Pricey, but a very nice ride!

Handling, styling, interior style and design, the advanced technology, utility permutations. Ability to leap small snowbanks with a single bound.

Better gas mileage. EPA says 18 city 23 country. I'm getting 12 mpg if that.

I NEVER write reviews
By NewQ5

2009 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Okay, this is my first review on a car. I have previously owned 3 Lexus, BMW, Acura, and Toyota's. This is my first Audi, had test drove the A4 when buying Acura and was not impressed, so almost did not even look at the Q5. Glad I did, this IS THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED. Upside, engine is great, street from my house is a hill and a turn against oncoming traffic, the car provides the extra torque in the rear wheel for complete control, ALL other cars has issue with this even BMW 535i also 2009. Interior is extremely nice - I have nearly all the options so car price tag is $50k, which is appears overpriced at first, but when comparing quality interior and options is right on the money.

Engine, Drive, and the NAV which is a small screen and I thought I would hate, is THE BEST NAV I have seen (compared to Lexus, BMW, Acura and Toyota), love the heat/cool cup holder.

Cargo space in back is a bit lite compared to others, BUT driver and passenger areas feel roomier - have to give up space somewhere.

Handles poorly in Town/City traffic
By voltrader66

2009 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Car has a serious issue with the gearbox. In start/stop traffic, the gear is either too low or too high. Unable to shift correctly. Jerky harsh ride in town driving. Fuel economy is much poorer than the stated.

Styling.

Need to sort out the gear changes in the auto box. Maybe a software reprogramming will fix it.

Impresive Audi
By bomy

2009 Audi Q5 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The lease for my MB ML320 ended so I did some shopping around. I've tried Acura RDX and MDX and I had serious concern on passenger safety and lack of visibility. The same experience I had with Infiniti. MB GLK is really repulsive in design and BMW is still in the works to replace the outdated X3. Q5 was the best choice that I could have made. The design is outstanding, craftsmanship on the same level. Nice gadgets and the rooftop made my life so easy in convincing my wife: a 10 out of 10.

Side mirrors, transmission, roof, LED lights, interior and exterior design.

None so far.