Used 2009 Audi Q5 SUV Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Audi Q5 SUV

3.2 Premium quattro 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (57 reviews )

Great Ride & Performance- GPS lacking
By metsknicksfan

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My 2009 Prestige Q5 rides like a sport sedan. Great acceleration (especially in sport mode), and responsive steering. I was really surprised on my first all highway trip (approx 75 miles), when I averaged 29.1 mpg! The ride is a bit bumpy on side street streets. Great access to rear storage due to low entry. Seats fold easily. Bang and Olefsun sound system is awesome. The GPS leaves a lot to be desired. The "point of interest's" do not let you choose ANY retail stores. Good luck trying to find nearest Home Depot, Staples, Target, or supermarket- NOT HAPPENING. The restaurant search is a basic listing- can't choose cuisine- Italian, Japanese, etc. My $200 Garmin GPS is far superior.

Sport mode shifter, B and O sound system, Keyless entry, handling, fuel efficiency, great visibility from drivers seat, back up camera, awesome panoramic roof, large side mirrors, Blue tooth, overall body styling, rear center fold down/pass through , hill descent control, voice activated commands.

GPS- 40 gig storage (10 gig for music), but cannot search specific retail stores (only shopping centers), nor restaurants by cuisine. If you need to search only specific address's, it works well. The MMI system is a bit confusing, requires a 60 minute training session. Make user friendly please!

Audi owner
By audialways

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my sixth Audi and the second SUV. Although I love the Q7, I didn't need one that big. I traded it in for the new Q5 and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Audis are very strong and safe cars to drive; they handle the roads so well; especially in these New England winters. There is a sense of security when driving them that I have not felt with other brands.

The quattro system.

A manual that's less wordy and more simple to understand.

So thrilled
By newb2audi

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Previous car was a Subaru 08 STI 5 dr hatch. Speed, agility, utilitarian use best describes our needs. STI proved to be too low for driving on VT pot hole roads. So what was out there that would be fun to drive, quick acceleration, a great solid ride, not too fancy in appearance and interior, yet functional? My friends on facebook submitted their suggestions, this is how I came across the q5! In traffic, great visibility, amazing control maneuvering slow pokes. Quiet. An overall sense of being in your own world with its secure solid build. Great turning into parking spaces. The vehicle drives and feels small. We bought the premium model, base with some options which kept the price down.

Visibility, no blind spots. Massive sun roof. The room! I can fit my road bike in cargo area with seats down flat. Seats are comfortable. Looks, a classy, simple well thought out design inside and out.

Bluetooth, my premium model has buttons for it, icon on steering wheel, but no bluetooth, the only q5 that has "Complete" function is available on high end model. Some options should be standard given price of q5.

Great Crossover SUV
By rb

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Q5 after driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee for the last 5 years. I loved my jeep and hated to give it up but the build quality was poor and gas mileage was terrible. I wanted a higher quality vehicle that still could function as a SUV but drove well and offered better gas mileage. The Q5 fits the bill. The Q5 has a high ground clearance and decent cargo room. It handles great and I’ve been getting 25 MPG + at 75 MPH. The cabin is quiet, the seats are comfortable and the visibility is very good. This car provides great car performance with the functionality (functions you use 99% of the time) of a SUV. This is one of the best reviewed luxury SUV’s on the market and I can see why!

The sunroof is amazing - especially sitting in the back seat! The audio is amazing with the SD and IPOD connections. Great gas mileage for an all-wheel drive vehicle.

Get rid of the ashtrays and make the space more useful. Also, an auto dimming mirror with compass should be standard. Other than that, the car is amazing.

Absolutely the "best crossover" now!!
By bi

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Test drove many SUV / crossovers in this segment including X3 and RX350. Hands down Audi Q5 won. I have owned it now for three (3) weeks -and- the car is simply perfection in all aspects from comfort to performance.

Very fact - that this is the ONLY car review I ever wrote shows that there are too many favorite features to list. Overall - a joy to own!!

None.