Used 2009 Audi Q5 SUV Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Audi Q5 SUV

3.2 Premium quattro 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (57 reviews )

Q5 is best choice I could have made
By Kim in Seattle

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Was driving an S-line A6 for past 2 years and while it was great it was too big for me. The Q5 has the luxury of the A6 and the nimbleness of the A4 all packaged in a functional SUV. I have wanted a mini SUV for years but they all look like 'soccer mom' cars until the Q5. That's what made the difference. The exterior is so aggressive and sporty vs 'cute'. One touch of the power hatch lift button and I can get my bike in the cargo area or pack up for a road trip. My husband wanted to keep the A6 and even he admits the Q5 is pretty cool.

Exterior styling, panoramic sunroof, auto hatchback button, AWD

A bit more interior luxury - would have liked to have the push button glove box opener and walnut cover on the cup holders like in the A6. These seem like simple and inexpensive little touches that would have made the luxury perfect.

Transmission default
By alex

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Although a very good looking car and fun to drive at high speeds, this car transmission technology is still too new and Audi has not full control over it, I have a default transmission, and am not the only one, they have no right answers as how to fix it, they first exchange the mechatronics which has nothing to do with the jerking of the transmission in the lower gears, and after trying different things and not being able to repair the car their best solution is to replace the entire transmission in a vehicle that has less than 2800 miles. That to me as a customer is unacceptable.

outside looking, interior design

transmission, customer service

Audi Q5 - Great SUV!
By Phil in Dallas

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My wife in on her second Audi (first an A4, now an A6). I'm the "designated SUV driver" in the family. I had a 5 year old Nissan Murano, which performed well and was a good value, but I've always been jealous of my wife's Audi(s). I looked at several mid-sized SUV's as a replacement, but none compared with the Q5. It drives like a sport sedan, with all of the comfort and convenience of a SUV. The size is perfect for getting around downtown and parking spaces, but it feels very large inside.

The fit and finish are first class and have a high end feel, as is generally the case with Audi. The design of the interior can't be beat and overall, a very good use of space. Aggressive looking exterior.

Agree with other reviewers regarding the large ash tray in the front console. This space would have been much better used as storage for a cell phone or other items.

Awesome, almost perfect, Audi
By Elle

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car looks and handles great. It is fun to drive, has plenty of cargo space, and has a great sound system. I came from a Mercedes with every bell and whistle imaginable and with this car, don't miss it. I agree that the side mirrors are too big and take getting used to. I do also agree the the shifting of the gears when breaking can be a little jerky- I may just need to get used to it.

Looks, drive, and size.

Smaller side view mirrors. Automatic trunk closer on premium model. Larger center console space. Speedometer is set up strangely though, you can have the speed displayed digitally on the dash.

Best In Its Class
By Bignewf

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2004 VW Touareg V8 with 125,000 miles. I love this new car. It drives like a dream, a sports car feel with the high ride of an SUV. The interior is simply elegant (I got the Cinnamon brown leather and deep blue exterior), premium plus with Navigation and 19inch wheels. My closest choice was the Volvo XC60, which is also a great car, but the MMI system on the Audi is just, well, cool. The volvo's nav feels very old school and clunky. My only criticism of this car is that when the back seats fold down, there is a gap across the cargo area that a dog's feet could get caught in. Also, the MMI phone system is a dial rather than buttons and plugging in for voicemail is a pain.

Elegant interior finish, comfort, smooth ride and tight steering. MMI system is awesome and voice control is pretty accurate and intuitive.

Fix fold down back seats to be flt and remove gap. Fix MMI phone system with touch screen.