Used 2009 Audi Q5 SUV Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Audi Q5 SUV

3.2 Premium quattro 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (57 reviews )

Complete Package
By forum24

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I don't know what is happening with the people who are claiming to have such catastrophic problems with their Q5's. I myself and two other acquaintances all bought Q5's last spring or summer. Between the 3 cars, none of us have experienced a single problem with any of them, and I have put 16,000 miles on in the first year alone. I had leased several Lexus’s prior, and was reluctant to change brands specifically because I was worried about reliability: I did, and have never been happier. This car is gorgeous, comfortable and has more features than I could get in the Lexus for a comparable price- and as of now, the Audi is more reliable!

Ipod interface, Bluetooth that recognizes names out of my phone book, and voice control that actually hears what I'm saying correctly.

None. The car is perfect.

Many problems
By jackiew

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car was my first luxury car and what a disappointment. Engine light comes on and stays on but dealer can't find a problem. Air conditioner works sometimes. Has a problem restarting when gassing up. Service not what is promised in the sales pitch. Would sell tomorrow if I could get my money back. My husband has driven several luxury cars without these kind of headaches.

Fun to drive

Obviously has some flaws that Audi needs to stand behind and fix without inconveniencing the customer

The Best
By Sailor

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Would like to see some reviews on 2010 model. Considered the BMW X3 & X5, VW Tiguan & Tourag and MB GLK. Decided the Q5 was the best bet. Have owned it for 30 days and haven't regretted my choice yet. Overall quality, fit & finish, drivability are outstanding. Negative comments in 2009 reviews seem to be fixed for 2010 (steering and tranny). Gadgets are mind boggling until you learn how to use the and then you learn to love them.

Sun roof and headliner screen. Memory seats that include outside mirror adjustment. Interior quality but others to shame. Base audio system so good the optional systems would be a waste of money.

OEM floor mats cheap for such a nice vehicle. Heel pad on drivers mat a must, imagine a "heel hole' will appear soon. Hope to see a reduction in brake dust on those nice wheels as the rotors wear-in. More sensibly priced navigational system would be nice.

Side mirror/ hatch back dr/ Cruise contr
By Dragonfly

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I enjoy my car and it is awesome looking but the side mirrors are too big to be point that I even had an accident because of them.1st time in 37 years and the hatch back door needs to be automatic in all models. Cruise control is terrible as it is an instant when you try to change the set speed. Other than that, all else is great. Dragonfly

smaller side mirror/ hatch back door automatic closing and cruise control needs to be instant instead of the delay it encounters every time you try changing the speed

Buyer beware of water pump issues
By Mark

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have been very happy with my Audi Q5 until today. Had car towed into dealership after the coolant burst in the engine compartment. I pretty much lost all coolant - luckily i was about to park it in the garage. Found out today that the water pump failed at 7,800 miles. It is covered under warranty but warranty or not this is a major issue. I have so far seen a mass of posts with the same issue. Fortunately for me the engine never had the opportunity to overheat. Audi needs to address the issue with their current owners immediately.

Style, performance, interior.

Leather could be better and seats could use a little more contour.