2017 Audi Q3 Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Audi Q3 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q3 model:

2017 Audi Q3 Premium Plus FWD (front wheel drive)
By Tampa Veteran

2017 Audi Q3 Premium Plus 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I used to own an Audi A4 ten years ago so decided to sell my noisy Volvo and go back to Audi. I wanted a small SUV this time with all the bells and whistles. The dealer had a loaded AWD that we drove. I was impressed with the way it handled and drove. Living in Florida, I figured a front wheel drive would be enough for us, so we ordered a FWD Premium Plus. After delivery and driving it several times, I felt like it was not like the car we drove at the dealer. It was sluggish and hesitated at stop lights and the shift points seemed off. I made an appointment at around 2500 miles to have it checked out. No problems were found; the Audi tech said he wanted to explain something that we may not have known when we ordered the SUV. He said the AWD and FWD have different transmissions and the AWD is more spirited and reacts when stepping on the gas, whereas the FWD is more economy minded. A light went off in my head that answered my nagging question. Now, I have a one year old Audi Q3 that I don't find fun to drive anymore. I'm waiting for the 2019 Q3 and Q4 models to come out, but in the mean time, Consumer Reports Magazine just put the new 2018 BMW X3 at the top of the list for compact SUV's. I plan to go test drive it soon.

Highly recommended compact SUV
By Wendy

2017 Audi Q3 Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I’ve been a long-time Audi owner (A6, TT, A4) so it seemed pretty straight-forward to try out the Audi line when we were ready to replace our SUV. I had been eagerly awaiting the US release of the Q3 after researching it from afar. Before buying, I drove the Q7 and Q5 for comparison. Both beautiful cars, but we were looking for something compact. I give the Q3 5-stars in every category but acceleration, control logic, and road noise. The acceleration is fine, just a little less gutsy than some of the Audis I’ve fricen before. The control logic is great, except for the sound system control. They’ve moved it from the main center console to the center dash console. (Edit: after driving the vehicle for 8 months I no longer notice the difference) Road noise in an SUV is almost always going to be heard, add in winter tires on weathered roads and it’s pretty much impossible to keep it quiet. Not too bad, considering. Everything else has been exactly what I have come to expect from an Audi.

Great Car Would Buy Again!!
By Ram Krishnamurti

2017 Audi Q3 Prestige 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great car got it when my son was 5 now he is learning to drive with it. The cost to own is a little higher than say, a Nissan, but you are getting your money's worth with this purchase. I would definatley buy this car again.

The perfect "wife car"!
By Alex B

2017 Audi Q3 Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got this car for my wife, it's her 2nd Q3. Previously she had the premium plus fwd. Honestly if you compare it to the average small SUV out there, this thing is absolutely fantastic. She loves how it looks, it drives better than competitors due to the Audi Quattro. There is nothing like a Quattro Audi, I drive one myself as well and even if you don't get snow it's really nice the way it handles the road. The main thing about the Q3? It listens to the driver. Go try the x3 or the x1 or the lexus rx: they're great cars but they have a mind of their own. The other thing is that we got an amazing deal thanks to Edmunds forums. I found out the residuals and the money rate, I followed advice on how to shop and I got a really great deal. It's a premium plus with the sport plus trim, which makes it look even nicer than stock. Anyways, we love our Audis and as long as I can afford to drive them I will. When I can't I'll switch to VW.

11 months in a fantastic little car, Audi 2017 Q3
By Michael

2017 Audi Q3 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Yes, this car could have used 50 more horsepower in the 2.0T model, however the highway mileage is a sensational 33mpg at 65mph (with 89 octane fuel) It has a nice tight suspension with a super quiet ride. I was looking for a car for 2 years prior to buying this Q3 and am very pleased. It has taken me from Key West to the mountains of Northern Maine in a confident, safe and secure way. The down sides: Be aware that the display is in desperate need of upgrading, the Pirelli brand of tire needs to be changed to Michelin.