Used 2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon

View reviews for a specific allroad quattro model:

Not fun to fix
By Hoss

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I loved driving the allroad, but I hated to fix it. Every time it went to the shop it needed at least $1000. Leaks here, bad parts there, $90 oil changes, Mine was becoming such a money pit I was glad to sell it at a loss. The 2.7T can be tuned to make great power, but it also leaks oil like a sieve and is expensive to fix. Parts go bad on these cars far short of what I would consider an acceptable life span.

two tone leather seats, power

Make them last, design parts to last more than 80K miles.

I love it, warts and all
By Sportsman

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is now 7 years old, approaching 100K miles, and still looks and drives like new! I like this car so much I'm willing to tolerate its high maintenance; I recently needed a new clutch and brakes; tires last for one year; the 105K maintenance is due soon ($$$). I have owned a BMW X5 and a Subaru Outback with similar functional images, but there's really no comparison to this Audi. It's a silly car in a way: the manual trans's first gear is so tall that this car is a clutch-burner off-road and on boat ramps. I use this car to pull a boat trailer, haul bikes, kayaks, camping and skiing equipment, and drive fast, especially in the snow. My adult kids like to borrow it when they're in town

6 speed manual; lots of power; attractive appearance; amazing durability of fit and finish; AWD; trailer towing capability; tough finish on roof; 4 heated seats

Start making them again! Please! Otherwise I'll need to keep this one running until the wheels fall off.

You can do everything with it
By 2integrate

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted a car that was stylish and had good performance and handling, all while providing enough space to haul my equipment and tools around because I am a contractor. I have never been disappointed with this car. For work or play it delivers. I am not a fan of SUVs, because you really can't drive and have fun. You forget that you are in a wagon. IT IS A GREAT CAR WITH GREAT LOOK!

heated seats, dual tone leather, ski and bike rack, air shocks, quattro all wheel drive

The air shocks went out quickly, luckily it was covered under warranty.

Is a great car when not in shop
By gracegreek

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 2nd Audi, my previous one was the A6 sedan. I have driven other luxury cars and nothing is more comfortable for long or short drives than the Audi. My 1st Audi I sold at 102K miles, unfortunately this one is having all the same problems as the last one and the extended warranty is running out. I bring my car into the shop 5 or 6 times a year beyond my religious tire rotation and oil changes. You must be religious on rotating tires every 5K-6K miles just to get 20K miles out of them. This is unique to the Allroad. Both area dealers have excellent service,and they are prompt with loaner cars. Excellent car as long as it is under warranty.

Memory seat/mirror positions tied to remote, discreet cup holders, 1 touch UP and down on all 4 windows, window shades, folding rear seats, retractable mirrors and ability to change car elevation are all features I absolutely love.

The hesitation on the turbo is a bit annoying, better mechanical quality would be helpful.

Partially Underrated
By Johan WA

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Very good, safe vehicle. Convenient. Great on winter roads to go skiing – perfect; never put winter tires on it and never slipped once. I don’t like the rugged bumper-look, however, you do spend most of your time on the inside looking out, so the interior must be super-good, and it is, comfy and lots of gizmos. Variable ground clearance is the coolest – it’s why I got it. I expected it all to be broken by now, but 100,000 miles later it still works (and I use that toy). They say EPA is 16/23 city/high: my combined average is 22.1mpg at an average speed of 33mph, but I am a very gentle/boring driver. Overall smooth and relaxed vehicle; go anywhere any speed, over a pass or valet parking.

Up/down the ground clearance with the touch of a button. Overall comfort, heated seats front and back. The boot is good for dogs. AWD is great. You never have to be ashamed. Auto-dimming mirrors, and rear parking sensors; can you live without it? Side-view mirrors are large; function meets design.

Low pressure Bi-turbo, what can I say? Useless. The 2.2-liter inline turbo-5 (1995 S6, 5MT, Avant of course) was "better." V6 suffers from the extra cylinder and wimp turbos. Transmission: struggles to save fuel in town by not shifting down properly around street corners. S-mode in town is the cure.