Used 2005 Audi A8 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Audi A8 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A8 model:

My Wife Will Miss Me
By Reggie in Atlanta

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love my wife. I really do. I try to miss her as I drive my A8 (that I just purchase 3 days ago). So far, no luck! This is an amazing car. Mine is black and loaded with every available option. 36k miles, lease turn in, certified w/ 6yr-100kmile warranty. Used is the way to go; especially if you aren't completely sold on the new grille yet. I have owned a 1999 A8 and a 2001 A6 (for the aforementioned wife). Enjoying this one and looking forward to the next one.

Ventilated seats! It was 95 in Atlanta today. God bless ventilated seats. Power, control, MMI, automatic unlocking doors, push button start. The look on the faces on BMW, Mercedes and Lexus owners.

None so far

Second owner
By David

2005 Audi A8 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We needed to replace a Volvo S90 and decided to try a used A8 after looking at the new models of Volvo, the Audi A6, and the 5 series BMW. This A8 was a one owner with reasonable miles (40k). It has been an impressive auto from performance to comfort. The 19 inch wheels with low profile tires are great for handling, but with our non-aggressive driving, we will opt to go the the 17" with A/S for lower noise and less road feel. If buying used, be aware of the high cost to maintain, especially at the dealer. Aftermarket parts are not much of a savings. And all the bells and whistles could add to the cost of ownership due to maintenance.

Big car feel and ride, with excellent acceleration and handling, while maintaining a sense of pure luxury. The adjustability of the seats, interior finish, and the memory functions are tops. The back seat comfort is such that our friends want us to take our car over their large SUV.

Since this is a 05, Audi probably has heard of the needs. The outside mirrors should be larger. If buying used, spend the money and have a local Audi dealer run the pre-purchase diagnosis (or a German speciality repair shop).

A8 L worst car ever owned!
By gene gopon

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L W12 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

I cannot begin to list all the electrical issues I had with this car. Beginning right after it was delivered. Audi North America gave my wife and me a free weekend at a resort to compensate us for our troubles. I got rid of this car and bought a Mercedes, which I had owned before. Don't let anyone tell you the A8 is as good as the S Class. Simply not true, and Audi service stinks! The final straw for me was when the MMI buttons all stuck and Audi refused to cover it under warranty - both the dealer and Audi North America accused me of spilling something on the console to cause the problem. You will spend a lot of unpleasant time in the Audi dealer service department if you get an A8

Interior finish.

Fix the electronics. Get rid of all the blind spots by redesigning the window area. Car is huge and there are serious safety issues because of the blind spots caused by pillar placement, window size and rear headrests, which do not drop down.

Best Of Class
By willman

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Audi A8L is the best 'value for the dollar' vehicle on the road today. Hands down, no contest. Beautiful inside and out in a sophisticated kind of way. Elegant in presentation and powerful of stance. Handles better than any other car in its class. Rain, snow, whatever the weather, drive with complete confidence. Big and strong going down the highway. When those four rings appear quickly in your rearview mirror, MOVE!!!

ALL OF IT !

Bigger better cupholders. Bigger and higher front armrests.

One problem after another
By Ali

2005 Audi A8 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

From the first moment I got this car it has been in the shop. Over the past two years I have taken this car in 16 times. Problems include navigation inoperable, passenger window makes too much noise, trunk would not close properly, unless force was used. And the car died and would not start at all on one occasion and it was towed to Audi dealership. It took them three days to figure out the battery needed to be replaced. Very surprising that the battery needed to be replaced within the first year. The only good thing I have to report is that service has been accomodating and have provided loaners on every occasion.

Quattro 4 wheel drive.

Quality control needs to be improved significantly.