Used 2008 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

She's beautiful
By Wes

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I'll agree with the editor's reviews that the low-end torque is an issue. She's just a bit slow off the starting line, but she shines once she's on the road. There's plenty of pedal when you need it, and I think she runs the best slightly above the recommended speed limit. I've owned Toyota's, BMW's and of course American cars. The Audi is my favorite to date. You won't be sorry, if you go this direction. I'm always getting compliments on this car, yet you don't feel too "cocky" driving it.

The MMI is awesome. Passing power on the highway is terrific. Highway mileage has been much better than expected. I had a 6 hour drive recently and was getting 31 MPG!!

Low-end torque. Ipod interface would be terrific as a standard option, if not the interface at least an aux jack!

Disappointed
By P. Shafer

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

We've been a Volvo family for over 15 years and decided to "step up" to an Audi after thorough research and test drives. The car is beautify, spacious, and has more gadgets than we need but the kids love it. The ride is spectacular. However, in just 14 months we have had to take the car back 5 times for check engine light. One of the Cylinders (#5) they tell us is bad. The car has stalled on my wife stranding her and my daughter at the side of the road. We are delighted with their road-side assistance and loaner program but frankly miffed that we've had to use it about every other month. At this time we are not happy with our decision. I also see others have had the same issue.

Smooth ride, solid feel, front appearance is great.

Engine reliability, rear view is plain.

3 Audi's in 2 months...This is the best!
By K.Anderson

2008 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have a fully loaded Q7 and love it for its size and looks. But my husband has wanted another Audi so we went out and got a fully loaded A6. Could not be happier with it. After being pleased with Audi we went out and got another one a R8 for the power. But out of all of the cars we like the A6 the best for its looks and power and all the stuff you can get on it. Such as Keyless go (we payed extra to get that installed) Navigation, backup camera, and sensors, the blinds in the back, wood steering wheel.

Keyless go, blinds in the back, wood steering wheel, navigation, backup camera and sensors, heated seats, and electronic trunk closer.

More Cup Holders

First Audi
By J. Cone

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Previously had a BMW 5 and loved it. No problems. Decided to try the A6 and am very pleased. Performance is more than I expected and the quality of the car's interior is impressive. The car is very quite and seems well built. Handling is great as is the fuel mileage.

Bose sound system

Improved tire pressure monitoring system

Sporty Luxury
By Corey

2008 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

From the outside to the inside, the A6 has beautiful features. The interior is plush and comfortable. The seat positions take you from a sports car feel to an executive luxury car. The MMI & sound system is fantastic, but I'm disappointed that the iPod integration is not on voice activation. Took a few days to master, but once understood, the MMI is easy to operate.

The interior features are excellent. The best time to drive the car is at night when all the dash lights are on. Voice activation is great.

Add voice activation to iPod integration. Radio should be on separate control so it doesn't turn on when activating other MMI features.