Used 2008 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Audi A6

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Not sure if it's worth it
By audiowner

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Amazing car to drive in the winter. The car looks great and is subtle but still turns heads. Great sound system and love the rear heated seats. But, the reliability on this car is horrible. I've never been to a dealership this many times. The check engine light has come on today for the 7th time in the last two years. I don't care what the excuse is, a new 50k car should not have these kind of problems this early on with this few miles. I'm getting annoyed with this car, despite it's capabilities during the winter. I wish Honda could just buy out their quattro awd system. It'd be the perfect marriage.

Great AWD system, comfortable interior and great styling.

Engine reliability. It's pathetic how many times this car has had to be in the shop.

Poor Audi Quality
By JWW

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

I am not impressed with Audi build quality or reliability. In the first month of ownership, I had to have the dealer replace a howling power steering pump. The car has a sunroof water leak that the dealer can't fix. The floor gets wet in a hard rain storm. Otherwise, performance and handling are quite good as are the electronics on the car.

Vehicle dynamics(steering and handling are excellent. I like the electronics integration of the navigation, voice command and overall information display. The interior is very high quality.

Improve the build quality. Everything I feared about buying a German car is coming true. Having had numerous Lexus and Infiniti, I will go Japanese again on my next car. Lexus dealer experience is far superior to Audi.

So far, so good
By Mark

2008 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

First luxury car I have owned and very pleased after two years; lots of bells and whistles, even on the standard model (only option was i-pod interface). Build quality excellent - solid as a bank vault. Only complaints are touchy brakes, accelerator lag, and annoying buzzes and rattles that I mostly fixed by stuffing cracks with felt. Great gas mileage 22-37 mpg.

Blaupunkt stereo best I ever had. 12- way power seat very comfortable for a tall guy with back problems. S-line trim and five-spoke wheels very attractive

Not what I was expecting
By goodmaj

2008 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I sold my M3 because my kids were getting too big for the back seat and my wife couldn't drive a stick. I owned a 2004 Allroad at one point and loved it so I thought it'd be cool to come back to Audi. Well, now it's three weeks later and I just sold it for a BMW 535. The seats, while nice, offer very little support when going through hard turns. The headroom is terrible - I'm 6' 3" and my hair brushed the headliner every time. The car is very smooth - almost too smooth. I felt like I was driving a luxury yacht. Performance of the V8 is pretty good and with good mileage. If you like to float in luxury, this is your car, but if you're looking for a little better driving experience, pass.

V8, interior design (no one, but no one beats an Audi interior), MMI easy to figure out quickly and use, center dashboard display (vs. always having to look at the MMI screen). Bose Surround is very nice.

Tighten up the suspension on the base model. Beef up the seats and make them more adjustable. Shrink and fatten the steering wheel so you don't feel like you're steering the Titanic.

Annoying quirks
By chicagotiger

2008 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Our Audi for the most part has been fabulous. However in the 2 years we've owned the car, we've only put 7,500 on it and our check engine light has come on 3 times. Perhaps its dishonest gas pumps, but we always use the premium gas. Its very annoying to have to take it in for service, get no real details, a couple of dings on the car and not even a car wash at our local dealership. Even though its been a nice ride for the most part, I'd like to get rid of it before something major blows.