Used 2006 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi A6

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Happiness is
By Sosoomi

2006 Audi A6 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl CVT)

I wanted a Quattro in the worst way but when this vehicle came to market, only 16K miles and loads of options I could not say no! Tons of interior space, truly well finished inside and out. Performance is good. The engine sounds great and I love the tranny. Unbelievably smooth and the sport mode is fun! The gas mileage is awesome. I just finished a 800 mile round trip and averaged 31.3 MPG. I set the cruise at 85 MPH and got this result. I don't get it.. at 75 the result is lower, go figure! The MMI is easily learned and the sound system, Bose, is fantastic!

Smart key, this is the best, push button start. MMI with bluetooth. My Blackberry integrates perfectly.

C'mon guys. No Ipod integration?

Love to Drive My Audi!
By Fearlessinfuquay

2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a blast to drive! Hugs the road like a coaster on rails. Quick, responsive, and an extremely smooth ride. MMI system is easy and reliable. The controls are driver friendly too. The luxury comforts are a dream. Driver's seat hugs like a cockpit, and back seat is very roomy and very comfortable. The trunk is huge! If you really love to drive, I mean really love to drive, then this Audi is for you. I test drove Mercedes, BMW, and Infiniti. I am so glad that I chose my Audi, and I will forever more be an Audi lover.

Responsive handling - smooth ride - driver friendly controls - MMI system.

The engine stutters upon acceleration. Really is a shame. CD changer is located in the glove box. Definitely not driver friendly.

Wow!
By Michael B

2006 Audi A6 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I am very impressed with my Audi A6. We opted for the 4.2L V8 and have been very pleased with the performance. We looked at BMW and Mercedes, but there was no comparison with the luxury, technology, and of course the Quattro AWD. The car sticks to the road like glue in wet or dry conditions. The S- Line package makes the suspension so responsive that it is a pleasure to drive each time. The MMI is easy to use and the interior ergonomics fit like a glove. I'm sticking with Audi.

MMI, Quattro AWD, navigation, keyless entry and start.

More snappy shifting from the transmission. The shift can be a little mushy

A Positive Viewpoint
By habu55

2006 Audi A6 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased our wagon with the intent of making long trips (Seattle to Boston) in comfort. The car exceeded our expectations in all areas. 29.5 mpg at75mph all day long for a car this size is as good as it gets. Around town I get 22-23mpg. Car has plenty of power, corners well, ride is more involved than a Lexus. Since new I have had 1 rattle (fixed at the free 15k mile svc). No further problems. Tires still look as if they have another 20k mi on top of the 27k they have now. Anyone looking at a wagon or an SUV should consider an '06 Avant. Audi depreciation makes this a great buy for you; an incentive for me to keep mine for 10 years.

MMI interface and the Nav system which has never let me down. Long haul seat comfort, exceptional gas mileage for this size car.

None; for a wagon it does everything well.

Electronics can be a hassle
By zzdaf38

2006 Audi A6 3.2 Avant quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Car drives very well, fantastic road holding. Engine is strong but unrefined and loud. Electronics are a major hassle, battery often goes out and can't hold charge because the electronics drain it. Warning lights constantly on for some computer malfunction. You cant switch the varous sensors and warning off so be prepared to make the dealer your second home. Always an issue with something electronic. Car barely drives a day without some kind of electronic kink.

Adaptive suspension

Ability to switch various senors and warnings off.Annoyning lawyer screens. At least you can use stuff while driving not like Lexus.