Used 2004 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Audi A6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Exceptional Automobile
By Mars

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Have owned Volvos, Benz, Bimmers, you name it; our 2004 S-line A6 has been the best handling, most reliable auto ever. Chicago winters, no problem. Many x-country trips in every season. The car has never once let us down. Minor electronic nuisance with turn signal relay, but that's it. Developed outside water leak in front passenger floor area which we still haven't tracked down, but what the hey...shopping for a nice all road with the same mechanicals as we need more room to carry stuff with a new business. Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market.

Looks, performance, handling

Cup holders, some minor plastic parts could be metal (arm rest hinge assembly)...brake light, turn signal relays need better quality

So far, so good!
By BamaBill

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Love the look and, so far, love the car. Purchased used with 8 months remaining on warranty which provided a little peace of mind. Nearest dealer is 70 miles away but so far that has not proven to be an issue. Previously owned a 1984 Audi 5000 with manual transmission that I loved but didn't care for the high cost of maintenance and repair. I put more than 240k miles on it before I traded. This newer one is substantially more sophisticated than the 1984 version and, I hope, more reliable. Have been amazed by in-town gas mileage which averages over 22 mpg in town to go with a respectable 30 mpg on the highway. I do drive conservatively and plan to keep the A6 for a long time.

Quality inside and out; big trunk; CVT; sound system; good road manners; good gas mileage; and, great overall design.

More - and larger - cup holders!

Awesome Car while on warranty
By Brian 2004 A6 S Line

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned two Audi A6 2.7 S lines. The car handles great and has a sleek look. You can't beat the sophisticated interior and the features are extremely well thought out. However, if you intend to buy this car without an warranty or extended warranty beware! I have been to the shop too many times. I know all the technicians by name and could give you their family histories. Electronic problems, oil leakage, bad gaskets, transmission, transmission, transmission. Did I mention transmission. I love the car, but I'm going japanese from here. good luck.

Interior styling, Bose stereo. Fold down rear seats. Full size spare.

Reliability, tighter bucket seats

Most fun car I have ever owned
By Satisfied Audi Owner

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is the 29th registered in my name. Love the style, motor, and creature comforts. Great acceleration, comfortable on my frequest long drives. Seems to have a great build quality. Bought it certified, definitely the way to go. Black on black with S-line, cold weather, and all the creature comforts. I get stopped all the time by people commenting on it. Not bad considering the new body style in 05

Engine! Seats, audio, 1 touch power windows, style, trunk space, xenons

Window roll down feature from remote, stick shift, RNS-E (touch screen navi) A way to chip the car and not void the warranty!

The best of the best
By B Double

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This is honestly the best car I have ever owned. I bought it with 45000 as a CPO and haven't looked back. No issues at all so far and I just keep loving it more and more as the days go on. You will not find a better all wheel drive system out there. This past winter was a breeze driving around, it literally feels like your on rails.

Smooth twin turbo V6, bose sound system, quattro system, interior design.

Cup holders - but who buys a car for the cup holders anyways.