Used 2004 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Audi A6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

AUDIOS to BMW and Mercedes!
By audios66

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Having owned 3 Audis this is by far the best one... quality, comfort, speed, all weather capable... what more is there! This Audi beats BMW and Mercedes... hands down... the only downfall is the HIGH maintenance costs. But every car is high to maintain these days.

style, comfort, speed, all weather capabilities

gas mileage, stronger armrest hinges, even more power

LUXURY & sport for 20k
By Cory

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

If you're dumb enough to buy a $50k car and complain that it costs a lot to maintain (when you only paid 20k for it) then shame on you. This is a phenomenal car and beats the pants off any comparable, or even brand new, car you can get for ~20k. I've had 2 and loved them both. (148k miles, and 22k miles) The car is fast, comfortable, reliable (if you keep it up), and an awesome daily driver.

the things not listed in your common report: simplicity of design, advanced functionality, aerodynamics, steering control, durability of interior, ease on eyes displays, automated stereo, nav, environmental controls...

dash display lights fad afteer ~45k miles (in every one I've seen)

Another Great Audi Product.
By MattW

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

We were needing to get something a little larger than our A4. I looked at Caddys, Jags, Beemers, Mercs and Inf. There was always something about them that made them either feel very dated on the inside (Jag, Merc, BMW) or cheap on the inside (Inf, Caddy). When I first looked at the A6 I looked at the 3.0 CVT model, but heard many negs about the CVT. Decided to risk the turbos and step up to the 2.7T S-Line as it wasn't much more money on the used market. I am so pleased with my decision. The car is beautiful inside and out. It performs great in all conditions. Decent fuel economy. I haven't loved a car as much as this one since my 1993 & 97 Infiniti J30. And this car blows em away.

Sport Leather Seats, Sport 18 inch wheels, red gauges and red mood light from ceiling, interior fit and finish. Hasn't dated at all despite it being a 5 year old car. Take a look at the BMW and it looks far older. Handles awesomely for such a heavy car!

Turbo boost gauge should be in instrument cluster or onboard LCD screen. I would like to know when it is in operation as I try to warm the car up before I run it hard. Automatic headlights would be nice too.

Worth It
By audi happy

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car for my wife and we both love it. The ride is great, and the cabin is first class. When I walk by it I can't help but stare at it. Had one problem bad brake light switch caused alarms, but $100 fix. Now I'm looking for the A6 4.2 V8 for me. Mercedes are so bland and BMW's are ugly. If you want a great car that makes you happy every time you drive it, buy Audi.

Everything

Wish it was the V8

Extra Performance is Easy!
By LuckyAZ

2004 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T S-Line quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a great car for any family. The added bonus (for dad or mom) is the easy modification. I have added a GIAC perfromance chip, cold air intake and better turbo valves. This car easily outruns a Mustang GT in the straight line and on the track. It is fun to pass so-called "sports cars" with my son's car-seat in the back.

The dual turbo easily accepts upgrades. The performance chip added over 60 hp and 70 lbs/ft tq. for only $500. Cold air iontake added over over 10 hp.

Gas mileage is low, and the rear seats should fold down. Luxury is defined by options. A large trunk should give way to folding seats.