Used 2001 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Absolute Tank!
By sjs

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

We bought it back in June of 06' with 131,000 miles on it, it now has 171,000. It was purchased as an extra vehicle for my wife who has tried her hardest to kill it. She has been in three accidents one of them quite serious, we fixed it and it runs and drives great. I change the oil every 5,000 with synthetic of course. I do it myself to save money. It does have some of the leaky issues and the drivers side window is testy, but to its credit its almost 10 years old been put through the ringer by my wife's poor driving skills, and believe me, if you only knew. It is an awesome vehicle. Worth every penny. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Audi. It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

Bose stereo, all wheel drive, turbo power, HID's, still smooth running and after 10 years still looks contemporary.

Not much to improve. I think they have refined it quite well with the recent models. However the fuel economy could have been better, but again the newer models offer that and lets not forget its a turbo with all wheel drive. What would you expect?

2001 A6 4.2
By enthusiast

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 4.2 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased the 4.2 under the Audi Certified program. I've accumulated over 100k with this car and it runs and looks fantastic. Continues to deliver a performance oriented drive that is supplemented with comfort and reliability. Maintenance has been limited to expected repairs for a car with over 110k on it.

quiet smooth rattle free performance

more lumbar support

garbage
By steven

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Where do I begin to tell the story of a car that's been a sin. Purchased this 2001 a6 quattro in March of last year used with 90,000 miles on it. It's been a nightmare ever since. Numerous problems regarding electrical, turbo, and suspension components. I asked the dealer if the car comes with bags of money for all the repairs that it requires and it didn't. Build quality on these cars is horrible. We traded it in recently for a 2010 Kia forte coup sx with a nice long warranty and piece of mind.

Power, handling, interior features when they are working.

to many improvements needed to list here and i am running out of characters remaining.

My Favorite Car ever
By cb

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 2.8 Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Leased new. Never a problem. Bought it from Audi, Never a problem. I would like to buy a new car but after 114k miles I still can't find one I like better. Our '06 Infinity M35x doesn't compare, even though it is a more expensive car. This thing just goes and goes. Oil change, tires, window wiper blades. Leaves no oil on my garage floor, just an unbelievable car. At this rate, I have no plans to change before 150,000 miles. Since the paint and interior still look great, only a car buff knows I am driving a ten year old vehicle.

Heated Seats, AWD, Cool Red Dashboard.

The old 2.8 engine is a dog, but a reliable dog. This car is built for smooth, not for drag racing.

Great car but can be expensive
By Keane

2001 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T Quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Excellent engine. Any review that says the power isn't there is way off. It produces almost 100 hp/liter which is excellent. Handling matches the power as well resulting in a very fun car. Also very comfortable on the interior. However, repairs will be expensive(count on that). I replaced both turbos which was roughly $4300. A word of advice is to make sure you have a mechanic who knows audis work on the car, not the guy down the street. Love the car but don't want to end up paying for repairs.

Turbos, handling, interior, sunroof, bose

Pricey repairs, gas mileage