Used 2000 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Well Worth it!
By Janos

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Being a lead foot driver for over 9 years I have no complaints about this car. After so many miles my last car (Acura) felt half as powerful, run down and rusting everywhere. This car feels as powerful and smooth as day 1, no rust (12 yrs rust warranty), the interior still feels modern and cool and I get compliments all the time about how new the car looks. The car seats 5 comfortably pus it has a lot of cargo space. I change tires yearly (summer/winter) and always manage to fit my 245mm wide tires and rims in the trunk with lowered back seats with plenty of room to spare. I love this car and would only trade it for another Audi.

Design, Interior, Powerful engine, amazing traction

reduce weight, improve headlight glass wear (tends to get hazy after a few years, sometimes it fogs)

Great car but...
By Alex Y

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

My Audi is a great car, but... don't get me wrong, this car shows power when needed and is able to handle almost anything. I am 18 and I drive hard. The best thing about this car is its turbo. Nothing is better than hitting the turbo redlining the engine and passing all of those slow drivers on the highway. The car also handles very well. Taking sharp turns at 30-40 mph gives you such a rush. However, because it performs so well it is easy to forget the car's limits.

The Turbo.

When first getting the car I needed to put 3000 dollars in it to fix all of the electronics. Window motors become incredibly slow after 9 years. And sometimes needs replacement. If you were to buy the car, test the windows and all of the sensors first. The LCD screen may go too. Be careful.

Don't buy a 2000 A6Q
By Greg H

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Beautiful to look at. Metallic tan w/ a tan inside brown dash. I still have my 1996 A6 w/ 250,000 miles on it as we speak I have to drive the 96 because the 2000 is in the shop. Since owning the car I've replaced both cat converters w/ O2 sensors, timing belt water pump , all ball joints and tie rods, a number of blown cooling hoses (leaving me stranded) including 1 that was inside the engine $$$$. Spent over $2,000 on a oil leak (still leaks) was told that it's natural for that to happen, sensors etc. My 96 was sooo flawless and fun to drive much more powerful and comfortable. THE ABSOLUTE BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED!!!. I COULDN'T WAIT TO GET A NEWER ONE AND NOW I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER AUDI

Love to Drive my A6
By mrstros

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Purchased my A6 at 46K and it now has 112K miles. Everyone time I get in to drive it feels like a brand new car. The worse the weather the better it feels to drive. I truly love this car. Had only one big problem when interior flooded when cowl drain plugged. Great mileage as it averages 22 mpg when driven daily with AWD. Very well engineered.

Interior is excellent quality. Seats have never shown signs of wear. Dash is striking. Bose stereo spoils you, sound is excellent. Love the 5 speed auto with triptronic. Paint is excellent also.

Wish it had a longer warranty and service wasn't so expensive.

multiple oil leaks
By e.tuirner

2000 Audi A6 Sedan 2.7T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Don't get me wrong I love driving my Audi A6 2.7. But don't let me park in your driveway. I have the valve cover gasket changed three times last year and once this year, it leaks oil out of any and every place possible! The dealer told me that there are over a thousand places that the leaks could come from. I still love driving the A6 and if I could stop those oil leaks, I would be on top of the world. And why can't someone make better gaskets for that darn Audi. And so what if my check engine is always on, it reminds me that I have an engine for now!!!!!!!

All wheel drive has to be on top of the list, next is the twin turbos with almost no turbo lag. Yes yes yes!

Better engineered gaskets, better engineered ignition control modules.