Used 2011 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

No major repairs
By RobertK

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I am very pleased with my A4 overall. I love driving it -- the car scoots and turns corners like it's on rails. I don't drive fast enough to notice any understeer, which is reportedly present (CD). Only two minor complaints: First, it uses oil. In the two years I've owned it, only two extra quarts, but still extra oil. Second, the radio has an inexplicable quirk. I regularly (read always) listen to an AM talk-radio station. Once in a while - it seems to correspond to cold wet weather - the sound flops from low to high volume. The amount of flop seems to correspond to the settings that specify how much the radio sound is turned down when the parking sensors are doing their job. But the parking sensors are not on and it only weirds out on the one station; others play just fine. I guess as long as you don't listen to talk radio, this is not an issue. Note: The dealer couldn't figure it out and was not interested in fixing it, despite it being under full warranty when I took it in. That didn't please me much. I'll buy my new 2017 Q5 somewhere else.
I repeat -- I absolutely love this car -- more room than a BMW 3-series and just as fun to drive.

2011 Audi A4 have faulty rings and burn oil
By zmanr

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is a known issue - just goggle Audi A4 oil consumption problems and you will see.
Audi has refused a recall and the fix - new rings and pistons - costs between $6000 - $7000.
It's really disappointing that Audi has not stepped up to address this on a broader scale.

Used to love Audis :(
By audikate

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

It absolutely breaks my heart to write this review (seriously, I'm emotionally attached to my Audis)... I have been driving Audi/VW for the past 15-16 years. This was my first new Audi purchase (I had previously bought used). Car was AWESOME for the first 1.5 years. In the past 6 months it has started an problem burning/consuming oil. First, I had to add one quart of oil between changes (every 5000 miles), which we are told is within spec for this Audi. It has progressively gotten worse and is now burning so much I have to add a quart every 750 miles. Audi would not do an oil consumption test until it got BELOW 800 miles.

IF Audi fixes the problem, I think I'll have to switch brands. :(

Looooove the drive and performance!! Beautiful body.

Oil consumption

Great Car
By rrocks

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Loved this car. Had it for two years and 20K miles and had no problems. Decided to try something new but then was kicking myself and missing my Audi. Enjoyed the handling and speed and the pick-up. It felt like a race car, even though it looked like a sedan. I had absolutely no problems with this car, although I did have to add half a quart of oil at about 8K and 18K miles -- very minor and not a problem at all.

UPDATE: Missed it so much I got back in an A4 quattro. I'm enjoying it now, especially in sport driving mode. Still love this car, but only with quattro!

Great car with one fatal flaw for long distance commuters
By regularbloke

2011 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I was looking for entry level luxury sedan. I drove Infiniti G35 and Audi A4. Planned to test BMW and Mercedes as well but liked A4 so much that I just bought it. After driving for four months and more than 6000 miles, I am not sure if it was the right decision. I am 5' 11'' 175lbs male. I drive 38 miles one way to work. The front seats are comfortable but once I adjust my seat I cannot rest either the left elbow or the right elbow to be able to hold the steering comfortably. The placement of the elbow support on the left hand side is especially bad. It is too far away from the elbow and is not useable. Even the right elbow support is not great but not as bad as left one.

Fuel Mileage Power Smooth handling Styling Bluetooth Music Interface Trunk space

Complete redesign of the elbow support such that they are usable. Make the sun-glass holder on the roof big enough to hold modern sunglasses or just remove it.