Used 2010 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Audi A4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Audi A4 burns oil
By eric141

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought an Audi A4 in 2010.
The car burns a quart of oil every 2,500 miles.
I took it to the Danbury dealer, who told me the oil usage was normal because it was a highly efficient engine and the gas savings more than justified the hassle of replacing oil.
I wished thes sales person would have told me that while I was shopping for a car.
I would have bought another car.

2010 Audi A4 Burns Oil
By richfig23

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

If you think it's Ok paying $45K for an A4 with all the bells and whistles, but then need to add a quart of oil to engine every 3 months like you used to have to do with your first car when you were 16 yrs old, then by all means buy an Audi A4.
I too am having oil consumption problems of about 1QT of oil every 2,000 miles with my 2010 Audi A4 with 21k Miles. Audi has done an consumption test and they report this is within normal for this engine. Really? I have had this problem from delivery of the vehicle.
I am now pursuing a Lemon Law case against Audi and am trying to let everyone know of this problem . Do your research & you will see this is a problem. You have been forewarned.

Do not use the 2.0 turbo 4 cylinder engine if it is going to consume oil the way it does.

2010 Audi A4 Buy used, It's a better bargain!!!!
By lcmm55

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the A4 Prem Plus with Nav and Backup camera USED and certified from local Audi dealer.
A 2012 would have been up around $45,000, I picked up the 2010 with 40k for $24,448.
The car is absolutly amazing to drive considering I was driving an 04 Suburban daily.
There is a huge learning curve with all the gadgets.
I can live with that.
Performance of the 2.0T is really nice.
Took it on the highway around the corner and goes like hell, was doing 100 before I knew it.
Then on another day took it to the casino about 75 miles one way, 36MPG at 60MPH on cruze.
At these gas prices in CT that is a real pleasure. I was going to buy a new one year old Lacrosse(2011), but this was better.

You know you bought above your level when you need the manual to turn off the auto wipers. The media player uses SD cards, very cool, even though it has an Ipod cable. Navigation desplays in the turn by turn in the center of the dash along with mpg, miles gone, radio station, SD card song, and much more. Amazing. Very distracting while driving, but thats the price you pay for this stuff. I had to memorize the buttons and after 3 weeks of ownership I am still learning. The displays show all the heater and dial settings so you don't have to look down at the center cockpit as Audi calls it. 6yr or 100,000 warranty for that price was the only way to go. Like new.

None right now, Just waiting for my town's Connecticut property tax bill for this thing. But I wouldn't give it up for anything. Love the car, and I bought for my wife.

Owned for less than 1000 miles
By hadalotofcars

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The CVT was not a responsive transmission like we thought it should be.
The car was tastefully designed but the radio horrible to try to use.
Loved the exterior design but way overpriced with a CVT

Loved the look - sport package, alloys, breathtaking

Buy a manual transmission or a quattro

Understated sports/lux sedan
By 95814

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I feel that the A4 slots nicely between the soft C-Class and business-like 3-Series and provides the driver with a nice balance between luxury and performance. I replaced my A3 with a 2.0T quattro Premium Plus with the sport package because I love this engine. Some people may turn their noses up at a four-banger but there's plenty of torque to merge onto the freeway and to pass, with decent mileage to boot. I've never been in a situation where I said, "Boy I wish I had a six." The quattro tracks very well through corners with just a slight, but predictable amount of understeer. It rains a fair amount in the winter where I live and having AWD is a nice safety feature.

Everyone should know about Audi's interiors--they're excellent. The quality of the materials is excellent. Fit and finish is excellent. Ergonomics are excellent. Highway mileage is really good, I consistantly get 30+ crusing at 70. The hydraulic parking brake disengages itself at a certain throttle input, which is comes in handy while parked on a hill. The MMI has full iPod/iPhone integration meaning your all of your playlists are accessable through the interface. The trunk is huge!

Early on I took a nail high in the sidewall of the OEM Pirelli P7 Cinturato tires and goodness gracious it was expensive to replace ($313). There are other OEM max performance Summer tires available at a lower price point. Dialing a phone number via Bluetooth through the MMI is a pain. A touchscreen would be an improvement over the rotary knob.