Used 2010 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Great looking car - reliable? Not so much
By Kathy

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought the car certified pre owned in 2011 with 13k miles on it. Before 20k the oil light kept coming on. Took it to the dealer who said it was "normal" to use a lot of oil cause it's a turbo. Took it back to the dealer when we had to start putting a quart or more of oil in every 1000 miles. They had to go thru a 3 step process to "prove" the car had an oil consumption problem which involved 4 visits to the shop over the course of the better part of a year. They finally had to basically rebuild the top half of the engine. This was around 60k miles. Fast forward to just over 100k miles and the timing chain tensioner failed. Car was of course just out of warranty and despite technical bulletins on the issue and a class action lawsuit the Audi dealership didn't cut us any slack on the repair quote. Over $13k to rebuild the engine or $20k for a new one. We took it to a 3rd party shop and managed to get the work done for a "mere" $7k. The ignition coils have failed 3 times in the last year. Random lights keep failing. Fuel pump went bad at 112k miles. Car is now just around 120k miles and has multiple EPC faults, idles rough and randomly dies at low speeds. It's been in the shop 3 times in the last 3 months, still not fixed. This is without a doubt the worst vehicle I've ever owned. I once drove a 1972 Ford Ltd in the 90s that was more reliable. I would never buy another Audi and the only reason I'm still (attempting) to drive this one is its paid off. Except for the repair bills, those keep coming!

I Love my Car.
By Julian Martinez

I love my car

Fun to drive, but not worth it in the long run.
By Brian Gardner

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought my A4 used at ~38k miles. Its a comfortable, fun car to drive. Great on gas, accelerates quite quickly, and with snow tires, it's a champ in the Michigan winters.

However, its been a maintenance nightmare. Shortly after I bought it, the water pump started leaking. Thankfully, that was replaced under warranty. Next, the blower for the front defroster went out. Then it started burning oil badly. Turns out this is a common problem, and the fix was basically rebuilding the engine and replacing all of the pistons. Again, covered under warranty. But, while doing that work, they discovered that the timing chain was in need of replacing as well, which was not covered under warranty. And now, not more than 2 weeks after having that work done, the motor controlling the locks on the drivers door stopped working so I can't lock my car.

This has been my first Audi, and it will also be my last.

2.0t oil consumption solutions
By keegs1224

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

A review to all those having oil consumption problems: I bought my '10 a4 2.0t about a year ago off of a lease with about 16k on it. I was sick of bringing it to the dealer where I purchased it from for a top of because of the "oil min" light. IT IS NOT NORMAL. Switched my servicing to another Audi Dealer in the DC area, and they learned that my turbo and pistons were not made up to par with what my car required (something about a bad batch). Both my turbo and all oil parts were just replaced in hopes that it will solve the problem and will cause less oil to be burned without necessity.
As long as you are persistant, they will fix the problem. Just don't bring it to a dbag dealer

Disappointed Audi Owner
By dfinlayson

2010 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am so very disappointed in the performance of my 2010 Audi A4. June 13, 2013 with mileage at 111044 km I replaced both front wheel bearings and hubs at a cost of $1809.50. Then on June 24, 2013 (115240km) Pad Wear sensor had a broken wire. This required new front pads and rotors even though there was still available wear on the original pads. This problem cost $681.63.

I have previously owned two Subaru Outbacks which I drove well over the 100,000 km mark. Neither required this type of extensive, expensive repair.

Having to replace front wheel bearings at such low mileage doesn't seem reasonable to me. Is this something Audi A4s experience as the norm?

Disappointed

Exterior lines and look of the car. Really appreciate the cornering and get up and go.

My husband find the seats very uncomfortable. He finds his F150 more comfortable. Needing to add oil every 2000 km!!!! What is that about. Navigation system does not work in rural areas of Canada