2009 Audi A4 Avant: 10 Things You Should Know
May 26, 2009
1) It has no power liftgate (but my wife's Passat wagon does).
2) It has no full-size spare (but my wife's Passat wagon does).
3) Its shift paddles work even when the transmission is not in manual mode.
4) Its seat heaters have six levels (the Passat's only have five).
5) The power steering assist has an odd synthetic quality I don't care for.
6) Traction control is off with one quick push, but holding the button for three seconds turns off the ESP system.
7) It has two rear seat a/c vents, two rear cupholders (in the fold down armrest) and one power port back there (there's also one in the cargo area).
8) The LED daytime running lights can be turned off so you don't look like a sci fi character if you don't want to.
9) It sounds like a diesel at idle.
10) That vibration in the steering we've mentioned before is back, and it's bad enough that we're headed for the dealer.
Scott Oldham, Inside Line Editor in Chief @ 15,900 miles