Used 2009 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Superb
By mynewaudi

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I've had my Audi A4 for one week now. Excellent well designed car. Sharp styling with excellent design/fit and finish on the interior. MMI is really slick. Performance on the 2.0T is excellent - strong pull due to high torque. No problems with the CVT thus far. Exhaust note gives a good growl when accelerating. Pricing right now has been really good too!

Interior design, fit & finish and performance

none thus far

Loved our Cab so much, bought a Sedan
By Hans

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just picked up an Aruba Blue,Premium Plus with Navi and wood trim. My wife has a 2009 Cab (older platform) for about a year now. I love driving it so much that I shopped the end of season sales for a sedan for me and found a great deal. I was driving an '04 Accord with 100k trouble-free miles and had no desire to give it up. The Audi's driving dynamics, power and smoothness of the engine are great (even vs. Cab) and gas mileage is quite good. It's also the perfect size I was looking for. The gray interior is beautiful. The MMI is awesome as is the bluetooth and stereo. Seats very comfortable as well. If reliability is on par with the Honda, this will be the best car I've ever owned.

Engine is awesome - much smoother than wife's 2009 Cab and 258 ft. lbs. of torque at only 1500 rpms! Ride is very communicative, comfortable, and quiet. MMI is very good, even though it is slightly more tedious than Honda's. Bluetooth works great with both of my phones. Interior is beautiful.

Premium Plus rims are not my favorite and no real option to switch unless you buy 18" of 19" wheel or sport packages for nearly $2k. Fix Audi Side Assist (why I did not opt for Prestige Package) so it does not set off radar detectors. Small cupholder a waste and in-cabin storage is lacking.

Sweet A4
By cyberalAL

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is simply stunning, especially from the outside, especially with the Prestige package I got. Handling is very balanced, ride is sporty yet comfortable for longer commutes. Quattro provides excellent grip and 2.0T is powerful yet fuel efficient (have gotten 35 mpg cruising). Plus, this car is as big as the Passat I traded in. Some downsides include having to get Prestige to get those stunning 18" wheels and 4 cyl. a little course when revved hard. But overall, I loved my choice for my first luxury brand car.

MMI easy to use, Audi Music Interface, daytime LED eyeliner lights, exterior styling, Bang & Olufsen stereo, Bluetooth phone hookup.

Wished MMI knob was located on next to gearshift for non-navi models, offer a nav. system worth buying (w/traffic, weather, hard-drive), lumbar adjuster for passenger seat (even my old Passat has that), buttons w/o that clicky sound.

New car is great minus a little problem
By lagirl2

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I've only owned my new car for about a month and a half, almost 2 months now. The day after I bought it, it had a check engine light on. 3 trips to the dealership in a month and a half later, I got the fuel pump replaced. I'm hoping this problem doesn't continue because I really do love the car. I feel I should relate my experience to others so they can be informed buyers, though. Aside from this inconvenience, I really do like my car.

Navigation with backup camera is the BEST! It's saved me from dings and dents already. It forces me to pay closer attention when I back up. Also, I love the design of the multimedia interface and the quality of the leather seats, etc... It just seems more stylish than competitors'.

Perhaps I'd love it even more if I didn't have a problem with the fuel pump the day after I bought it. This has worried me but I'm hoping the problem won't continue. That little check engine light is a nightmare to see.

Acceleration lag
By jerry

2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Owned a 2004 C230 and moved on to Audi A4 cvt FWD. Like the styling and seating comfort. Speedometer is a little ridiculous for US driving. When sunroof is open sound is deafening but main issue is the acceleration lag when in D. Lessens somewhat when put in S mode. I use regular gas, premium is recommended, will try that next.

seats, wood paneling