Used 2008 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Audi A4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Don't recommend Audi
By Roxanne

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The car don't last. I have a 2008 A4, and the engine is terrible. I have had it in service 3 times and it's there again. They don't know how to fix it.

When it works, I like the way it handles the road.

Best car I've owned
By Rich

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Special Ed. quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After driving BMWs,Cadillac, Porsche, Infinity; I test drove the A4 after seeing a 329/month lease in the paper. After my first test drive I was sold. Since buying, I like the car more each day.Audi engineers are brilliant.Car handles like it's on rails,the AWD is incredible, the paddle shifters fun, driving in sport mode is a blast.It's very easy to get the speed governor to engage around 130. After slight turbo lag off the jump(which I improved by putting in a K&N air filter and using 93 octane fuel), once the engine has enough air compression, the turbo blasts the car forward. Interior compenents are all high quality.Leather seating surfaces are top notch. Wife also likes it a lot!

AWD works great in midwest winters; paddle shifters, excellent handling, comfortable/luxurious leather seats, stereo system sounds incredible, exterior design, directional xenon headlights, 18" rims with low profile tires. Acceleration once car is rolling.Hard to limit my favorite features.

Eliminate turbo lag; cup holder/armrest design is the only part of the car not engineered properly. Navigation could be better. Time consuming to input locations/find locations. Speed should not be governor limited at 130; it's not a dodge neon.

Very happy
By beachneeded

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased this as a cert pre owned for a great price. Had only 10000 miles on it and jumped on it. Very enjoyable to drive and love the comfort of the seats. Was looking at G35 also but for the money the Audi I thought was a better car.

The seats and the ease of the controls.

Can't think of any right now. People have mentioned the lag but I don't notice it at all.

Fun and Classy
By trlyka

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Special Ed. quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my first Audi. I was driving a 6 cyl. VW Passat before this and had never owned a 4 cyl. car, so I was a little nervous about getting the 2.0T. I am pleasantly surprised with this motor. Although there is a little lag pulling out into traffic now and then, I can't complain. Fit and finish are superb and I love the way it looks. I leased in July 2008, so I can't wait to see what 2011 has to offer.

Seats feel good/supportive. I love the heated seats option. The interior is clean looking and is made with high quality materials. Bluetooth is a nice feature. I swore I wouldn't get black after having 2 other black cars, but I couldn't help it. To me, it looks the best on this car.

Find a cure for the lag. Other then that, I'm happy.....

Going Strong
By texascoaster

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I leased this A4 last May and it continues to get better. This is my first Audi and it will not be my last. I have had a great experience with Momentum Audi in Houston and have had no troubles with the vehicle at all. I'm getting amazing gas mileage, up to 26 in city and usually 32/33 on highway.

I'm having fun with the shifters mounted on the steering wheel and the bluetooth phone setup is very convenient and easy to operate. The trunk space is fantastic and headroom just right for my frame.

My only complaint is an echo of others... there is no back seat room with two passengers in the front. I have no problem getting my child in and out of the carseat, but there isn't room for much else.