Used 2008 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Audi A4

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Looking forward to the lease to end
By Jon

2008 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I lease my cars for 3 years for multiple reasons. The most important reason is because I want a dependable car that's not going to break down and is under warranty. I've been towed twice since I got this car new in April of 2008. The first time was when a fuel sensor failed. I was stranded at a stop sign. Audi's roadside assistance was so bad that I had to join AAA to have my car towed. I was told me there was a recall going out on the fuel sensor. With 30m miles on the car the car stopped moving forward or backward at an intersection. I couldn't put the car in any gear other the gear it was in. To Audi's praise Audi's roadside assistance was great. Repair: a bolt had fallen off.

All wheel drive. The car is great in the snow even without snow tires. Lease favorite feature are the never ending idiot lights.

Need more cubbyholes for storage of little things. Recent prior cars were Honda Accord EX and Saab 900s. Both had much more space for storage of things such as maps, gloves, hats.

Love it so far.
By FirstA4

2008 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought it CPO 3 months, 2K miles ago and love it. No issues so far-knock on wood. Very fun to drive w/ 6-sp manual. Interior is luxurious.. Armrest is a bit awkward-it covers the parking brake. I've cracked my elbow on it several times when it's lifted up. Armrest lid latch broke-this is a common problem. Dealer replaced under warranty. Overall, lot of fun to drive. Before buying, I drove two G35's and three 328i's, and don't regret for a second going with the Audi. The Infinity and BMW had much more power, but A4 was just more fun to drive. G35 had too much plastic in the cockpit. BMW oddly enough felt too refined - like it was driving and I was along for the ride.

Great driving feel. Interior, exterior styling. Simple and sensibly laid out controls. Excellent highway MPG.

Better armrest latch. Heck, better armrest layout. Incessant seat belt chime is too much. Rear leg room is very limited.

So Far So Fun
By KH

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Special Ed. quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought as an Audi certified used car - 4 years of bumper to bumper warranty. The car is a joy to drive, the S-line suspension is tight and grips the road with the all-wheel drive. I use the paddle shifters to kick up the turbo and hit the gas - its a fun little 4 cylinder! Doesn't have the low end torque, but it does get 24 miles to the gallon in the city and 30 on the highway! No issues with oil or anything else other reviews have stated (knock on wood). The interior is very comfortable and stylish - it is pretty cramped, though, in the back seat. Trunk has lots of room. Almost every time I drive it some stranger gives a turn and a compliment!

Handling, paddle shifters, interior comfort, body styling, the Ferrari Red paint!

No MP3 port with basic sound package - the menu and mode buttons are a little confusing to figure out. Small back seat (no leg room)

Go buy a BMW 3 Series
By jbt020

2008 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I trade cars about every 2 years and have owned BMW, Acura, Honda, Cadillac, Mazda, Jeep, Volkswagon, Lincoln and I'm sure I'm forgetting some others. This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I opted for the sport suspension and it literally feels like you are driving a covered wagon. There is a spot on my way home from work where I literally brace myself for the impact...and it's not a big bump. This is the only car I have owned in my life that I have to buy a quart of oil to add to it in between oil changes. At any given time I would have anywhere from 1 to 3 warning lights on at the same time. I just traded it in last night for an Acura TL and was thrilled to say goodbye!

I like the exterior styling. I had just switched from a BMW 3 series and the interior felt nicer in the audi.

I had a Volkswagon once in 1999 and Audi is just a glorified Volkswagon. The common problem with both of them is they bombard you with warning lights. I recently had it in the shop and got a 2010 A4 loaner with 3000 miles on it...and it had warning lights on already.

Oil Consumption Machine
By Hugo

2008 Audi A4 2.0T Special Ed. 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is an excellent car except for the amount of oil it consumes. 1 quart every 1,200 miles is too high. If you purchase this car be prepared to have your trunk full of oil quarts. Other than that it is a good car.

Oil consumption, 1 quart every 1,200 miles is too high