Used 2007 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Audi A4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Gave back to dealer 2 mos before lease end.
By boyracer3

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Tonight I'm reviewing 6 of my latest car purchases. Audi is getting the lowest marks. My car burned a Quart of oil every 3000 mi.
Oil light would come on before it was time to get oil change. Evry time. Loved car before this happened. Recommended A4 cabby to a friend. His did the same thing. When in parking lots examine the carbon buildup on A4 tailpipes.having blown the engine on my previous 911 I was very sensitive to oil lights. I complained repeatedly to Audi who insisted that kind of oil loss was within specs. Seems like poor engineering. I always felt like a chump after speaking with service. I was so annoyed that I gave it back early to clear a space for a new BMW.
Cont.

I love Audi styling. They make many beautiful cars. The interior was very nicely appointed. Got good gas mileage. Initially I thought it was a very impressive car for the price point. It was a delightfully cheap lease, even. Got great gas mileage. Was responsive and fun to drive.

Great package except for oil burning. And also the casual disinterest from the service department about the issue. They did assure me that it was impossible for the car to lose enough oil to damage the engine. But you can't ignore an oil level light when it goes off in traffic. Also I was constantly getting soot on my pants while putting things in the trunk. I never owned a car that burnt oil, not even my very first beaters. So I was disappointed when my new Audi was the first. I have since considered Q7s and my wife really wants a new R8 but I always returnt to those within manufacturer's specifications. Good luck.

Find me a few tires
By Joseph Thompson

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the car brand new after trading in my 325i. I love the Quattro, but I cant keep tires on it. Discount tire tells me that the alignment is always out. No matter where I take it, I still have problems. Pep Boys blames the tires and Discount blames Pep Boys. It's really frustrating. The car does have some Turbo lag but not all the time. It usally happens when you catch a stop light turning from red to green and you stomp on it. It doesn't happen all the time and I don't believe its dangerous like a few reviews state. The car is zippy and loves the highway. I cruise at 100 mph no problem through Arizona. I will sometimes put extra oil in it between changes, no reason to complain.

Temp controls, red interior lighting, childrens red lamps in the rear.

fix the alignment problem so I can keep extra tire money in my pocket. I DONT HIT POTHOLES either.

Fun to Driver
By Denver Dubreuil

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Love my car, not entirely perfect but so much fun to drive, I had problems with the window and sunroof but took it to the dealer and fixed it with no problem. Car stops on a dime. The breaks are amazing. Slow off the line but once the turbo kicks in its a pretty quick car. Handles really good as well. Lots of room in the trunk. Not too roomy in the backseats though. Also burns through a lot of oil but it doesn't bother me to much just no your going to need a new quart every 2500 miles. All in all though I love this car

The drive mode to get good fuel economy, and the sport mode to get extra power when you need it

fix windows and Slowness of the line.

Acceleration lag is a SAFETY WARNING
By TA Johnson

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have LOVED this car, when going up hills. Its acceleration and cornering are beyond compare. But, when pulling out from a stop sign, or merging into traffic, it is downright dangerous! There is a lag between the time I accelerate and the actual time the car decides to move. Audi says the car adjusts to the driver and his/her habits to improve gas mileage. I cannot sacrifice safety for gas mileage. I cant count the number of times my A4 would not get up and go. Before having this Audi I had never experienced this type of problem. I cannot in good conscience recommend an Audi to anyone who wishes to remain alive.

Cornering and acceleration up hilly terrain

fix the acceleration lag before someone DIES!

Research before buying - Burns Oil
By Jay

2007 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love the Turbo, love the car. However I have 1 very large issue. It burns oil, as you can read in others reviews and if you search the web this thing drinks oil and Audi says it is normal and will do nothing about it. I too carry a quart in the trunk and keep a case in the garage. I have had the consumption test done, however 1 quart every 1,-1,500 miles is acceptable (for Audi). Even service guys at the 2 Audi dealers I get my car serviced at admit it is a fairly common complaint but they are not authorized to do anything. Not every car has this problem, but Audi is not doing everything it can to retain loyal buyers who have bad ones. I am sad that I will never buy an Audi again.

Engine, comfortable

Step up and repair the engines that need it. Maybe its a certain batch that has these problems? Someone at Audi should be able to figure this out!