Used 2007 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Audi A4

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Fantastic after 112k miles
By ketchup77

2007 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my A4 new in July 2007 and I have NEVER had an issue with it after 112k miles.
Sure it burns oil a bit, but keep a quart in the trunk and your good to go.
This is a car that is fun to drive and built solid.
The only complaint I have is the glove box hing broke and they wanted hundreds to replace the whole thing...not me...I went and bought a 2 dollar hinge at Ace Hardware and screwed it in and it works great.
I hope to keep my A4 for many years to come.

Great gas milage and fun to drive.

Glove Box hinge needs to be more durable.

Massive and frequent transmission failures
By cnd1

2007 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

A more detailed report of my experience has been posted on NHTSA.GOV.
The first transmission failed and was replaced under OEM warranty by an authorized Audi dealer at 36,120 miles. It continued to have mechanical issues such as shuttering, vibration, hesitation, leaks, etc. The 2nd transmission failed at 55,600 miles (less than 20,000 miles on the "new" transmission) while on the freeway traveling at 70 MPH. It occurred without warning. The car shifted into park, bucked and refused to accelerate. The 3rd transmission was installed under the Audi Pure Platinum Protection service, and after only 1,000 miles on the "new" transmission. it is showing signs of failing again.

Little redeeming factors with a car that has been serviced more than 15 times in the three years I have owned it.

Apparently the CVT transmission for this vehicle is known to be problematic. I am unaware if this has been resolved in the newer models. I can say that based on my experience, Audi Customer Relations cares little about the reliability, safety and performance of their vehicles.

Love it!
By moorparkbud

2007 Audi A4 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Sure, it burns a quart of oil every 3-4,000 miles, but you only have to change oil every 10,000 miles so you're still ahead. There is a lag with the turbo, but it really goes away when driving in "sport" mode, which I always do (VERY peppy, and still get 23mpg). I've had one small mechanical bug (rear window with a mind of it's own) but my dealer (Rusnak, Westlake Village, CA) has been exceptional to work with. I'd love to trade it someday for an A5 cab, but at my age, they might end up burying me in this car!

Styling, finish quality, sporty

Weak sounding engine at idle, would prefer an exhaust sound like my G-35 had!

Greatest Car I've Owned
By stewsir

2007 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've owned my A4 for about 1 year now and couldn't be happier.
From the sporty ride, quick acceleration, incredible interior finish/comfort, wonderful Bose stereo, to the fact that I can fit four adults comfortably make this car a winner.
I had driven several A4s before and liked the drive.
I love it now.
When I ride in a different car I miss the feeling of my Audi.

Some people criticize the exhaust warble...that's a plus in my book.
I have no idea what some people mean referring to seat discomfort.
I'm 6'2 and have driven across the US and felt great.
Also, just yesterday I averaged 29-31 mpg on the highway at 75 mph.
not too shabby.

Sound and weather insulated top (for winter..just like hard-top inside). mid-high speed acceleration. Bose stereo sound turned up is awesome with subwoofer. interior Audi finish is GREAT. back seat room. Audi certified. dealer really does treat you nicely. Much different/better than what I'm used to.

Wings?

Great car for enthusiasts only
By b_dirty

2007 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car knowing that maintenance might be an issue, and that it would need a lot of care.
Luckily, I didn't buy it because it was known for reliability or even performance.
I bought it because I love Audi, and I've never regretted it.
This car has the potential to become an amazing vehicle with some tweaks and some serious attention.
If you want a car that you can drive and never have to think about then DON'T buy this car.
This car needs to be loved.
If it is worry free driving you're after, then buy a Hyundai, Nissan, or Honda.
This is for people who love tuning, and love cars.

Handling is excellent, and the exterior styling will turn heads anywhere. The quality is fantastic for the most part.

Yes, this car does burn oil, but as long as you change it every 5K miles or so it will be fine. If the oil light comes on, don't freak out. Just put an extra quart in until you can get the oil changed. The diverter valve WILL go bad. It is just a matter of time. No worries though, cause it is an easy fix. Change the cam follower every 50K miles or so because if worn, it can cause major damage to your engine. I would also suggest a turbo tune from an aftermarket company to mitigate the lack of power. If you really want a boost then install a downpipe to free up some hidden power.