Used 2006 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Audi A4

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Will never own an audi again!!
By jpcjulia2011

2006 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this car as a certified pre-owned vehicle at 26000miles thankful I purchased the warranty. In the 1st week check engine light came on. Few weeks later my fuel pump went out. A couple months later, some valves have failed in the engine. A couple months after that-some hose have melted and caused a check engine light.. Then coil pack. Then transmission. Transmisson again. Fuel pump.. again. Oil pump, engine valves. All in a 1.5 yrs. 70,000 miles now. I'm selling this car as soon as I get it back from dealer. Never again! I only drive to and from work on the hwy, scheduled maint always was done, but it was a lemon. No help from dealer, or Audi USA-can't admit there is an issue.

Love the interior and the look of the car..

Build a reliable vehicle or admit there are issues with this model!

Be warned....
By lowaprlover

2006 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 06 A4 BRAND NEW. Within 6 months it had to be towed...not once but twice for ignition coil failure. One time I was crossing over a large bridge and the car was chugging the second time I was stuck and the car wouldn't start. It was down hill from there. Oil leaks breather valve went, and a host of other issues. Cost me a fortune (high mileage). I don't appreciate ppl saying things about not taking care of the car. My car was beyond taken care of and it was still in service all the time. STAY AWAY. They will NOT help you or admit theres an issue even though they are aware of all these issues. I traded it in for a honda, and can guarantee it will be more reliable!!

Seat heaters worked great...as did the radio.

There are only 700 characters allowed. It will take a lot more than that to suggest improvements. Above anything, make these cars less money to repair. People are being ripped off left and right.

Fun to drive but...
By sfced

2006 Audi A4 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Good looking, very fast and handles like a dream. Definitely a fun to drive car. In terms of reliability, this is the worse car I've ever owned. I have to take it to the dealer while it was under warranty at least twice. The oil filter housing (made out of plastic) broke during an oil change and it took nearly a week to receive a new one, which was over a $100. The last moth I had it, it threw "check engine" lights for three different issues. For the last one the dealer wanted over $1000 to repair it.
I had them clear the light, drove it to the nearest Honda dealership, traded it in, and never looked back... for 61,000 miles, I'm disappointed.

Awesome looks. The 2.0T provides plenty of power and the suspension makes the car handle beautifully.

The interior trim needs to have a different finish. The plastic had a rubbery film which started to peel within the first 30,000 miles. Not a very reliable car, too many problems at 61,000 miles. You need special tool just to change the oil! Make this thing more DIY friendly! Fine some different/better German engineers!

Shoddy interior quality
By Audi vs BMW

2006 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Initially, I was very happy with my purchase of the Audi A4. With it's AWD, it was the perfect choice for driving in Wisconsin winters. However, four years into my purchase, I am very disappointed because of the shoddy wear of the interior. The glove box has fallen off, and from what I read in Audi forums, this is fairly common and Audi charges big bucks to fix this defect. The leather of the drivers seat has developed cracks. And the hinge on the center console has stopped working. I previously owned a BMW 318ti for 10 years. Year ten, the interior was just as good as the day I purchased it. For the money, I was expecting the same quality. Audi does not deliver. I will return to BMW.

AWD works wonderfully. It's like having an SUV, but with the looks of a sedan.

Interior is poor quality and shoddy workmanship. Leather seats crack, glove box door falls off, hinges don't hold up, wood finish cracks. Not acceptable for luxury vehicle.

Not this one
By jojo

2006 Audi A4 2.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Noisy, bed road holding, not reliable, you will need a private gas station. All the report are advertisements=lies

Steering and brakes

Price it as a Subaru, otherwise it is rip off.