Used 2005 Audi A4 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Audi A4 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Disappointed of Audi
By Ronny L.

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro Special Ed. AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Loved my VW Golf build in Germany. My Audi, is a not a total disaster but fighting with Audi NA about quality issues. My headlights were a rain forest. Audi won't fix nor address this issue. I did my own fix to it. If you buy an Audi, make sure you find an independent shop that works on your car for about 40% to 60% less than an Audi dealer otherwise your are paying too much. I will not buy an Audi again. It is a super fun car to drive in rain and snow. This is not comparable to any other cars I ever had. Also, make sure you grease the wiper transmission, this is also an Audi quality issue. Make sure you get a Certified Pre-owned (CPO) if you buy a used Audi.

Suspension, interior, build, handling on wet surface and snow,

leg room, quality, customer service by Audi NA,

Nightmare
By dan

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Coils, electrical system, various gaskets. The engine light on our car has been on constantly since we bought it. We put a lot of miles on our cars and my sense is that the Audi models just aren't built for the mileage. We bought extended warranty thankfully and our local dealership repair shop has been great to deal with, but sitting in the Audi repair shop is not my favorite pastime. We'll never buy an Audi again. Ever.

Great looking car fun to drive and comfortable.

Need to address reliability.

Audi is worth it
By ryaninohio

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 1.8T quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My in-laws leased this car new and we bought out their lease after 3 years for a great price. I have owned 3 Hondas and a BMW 3 series previously, and this A4 is my favorite. Steering and handling are precise, AWD has been top notch in even heavy snow and the turbo 4-cyl provides plenty of power when you need it, but good fuel economy the rest of the time. My in- laws did have the transmission replaced under warranty, and I've had a coolant flange and a window regulator replaced under warranty. German cars can be like that, but the dealer/repair experience is first rate and makes up for the inconvenience. Both times I had the car back the same day. Cost/benefit is totally worth it.

Safety, AWD, sound system, turbo, exhaust note, high quality materials, European driving feel, understated luxury, generous warranty/CPO program, dealership/repair experiences

More head/leg room, quicker responding shiftronic, better cup holders for American market. In Germany, driving while sipping a drink is frowned upon and is illegal at high Autobahn speeds. I get it, but in America we like our cup holders! Let me go 140mph and I'll pull over for a sip!

A great used car
By 3timeaudiowner

2005 Audi A4 Sedan New 3.2 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car used, a first for me. It is the third Audi I have owned, the second A4. A tremendous used value and more reliable than a BMW (I have had 3 of those, too). Smooth ride, great ergonomics, extremely comfortable. My only complaint is that the auto tranny has trouble finding 1st gear, it can be rough. Other than that, a tremendous road car with great performance that I recommend highly.

A Big Car In A Small Wrapper
By Spring Laker

2005 Audi A4 Sedan 3.0 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This review is on the 2005 3.0 A4 Quattro Sedan. I owned a previous generation A4 and this one blows it away. This B6 is larger in every way than the B5 model. I came out of a 03 Passat 4Motion into this and surprisingly the front and rear interior dimensions are almost identical. The only place you lose room in the A4 is the legroom in rear. (-2 inches) and the trunk. Hard to believe if you park them side by side. I think that is why this car is so fun to drive. It pushes the wheels to the edge of the car in each corner giving it great handling. The 3.0 has plenty of torque and acceleration while still avg. 23mpg w/ 50/50 hwy & city driving. Overall a great car and have had no issues

Engine, handling, exhaust note, interior design, fit & finish of entire car.

More rear legroom (Adressed on 2009 model) Sport seats as an option.